The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Komapny man. Nowhere near best defender in the world, never has been either.

2010/11 and 2011/12 he was immense.

Yeah but he's never been the best in the world, or the PL.

Who was better those years? There's a case for Vidic in 2010/11, but Kompany dominated when City won the league. Don't think there was anyone better than him in the world that year.

But, but, he made a mistake at the weekend didn't he?

Pique and Vidic were probably better than Kompany in 2010/2011 season as well if I'm think of the right season.

Vidic was always a little weak with 1v1, got beat a lot because he wasn't agile enough.

The ultimate conclusion is there just aren't that many top level centerbacks right now, might not even be more than one.

Pique and Vidic were probably better than Kompany in 2010/2011 season as well if I'm think of the right season.

I'm talking about 2011/12, the year City won. Nobody in the world was better than Kompany that year.

I'm talking about 2011/12, the year City won. Nobody in the world was better than Kompany that year.

I'm not agreeing here. For me, he's never been the best, Vidic, Pique and Thiago Silva wee all better than him the year before, year after that I think Pique and Thiago were once again better. Pique has really declined but his style was excellent to work under Pep.

Cup final starting in 15. I'm bedridden and thus I'm going to watch it all alone...  :'(

Plus my neighbour is a Real Madrid fan and every time Barça loses he celebrates with wild sex with the missus.

:lol: sounds like a sitcom