The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Pique and Vidic were probably better than Kompany in 2010/2011 season as well if I'm think of the right season.

Vidic was always a little weak with 1v1, got beat a lot because he wasn't agile enough.

The ultimate conclusion is there just aren't that many top level centerbacks right now, might not even be more than one.

Vidic was pretty instrumental to a side that reached the CL final in 2011 was he not? I think he's declined since then, and isn't even a top defender in this league anymore, but that season he was excellent.

Cup final starting in 15. I'm bedridden and thus I'm going to watch it all alone...  :'(

Plus my neighbour is a Real Madrid fan and every time Barça loses he celebrates with wild sex with the missus.

:lol:

Cup final starting in 15. I'm bedridden and thus I'm going to watch it all alone...  :'(

Plus my neighbour is a Real Madrid fan and every time Barça loses he celebrates with wild sex with the missus.

:lol: If you lose drink yourself into a coma.

:lol: sounds like a sitcom

Wife can't take it Neymar.

If Palace win this, are they only 6 points behind us?

Aye.

Sure I remember someone on here saying how Sunderland would only need two wins to stay up because Palace obviously won't get more than 30 points.  Since gone on to win their last 3 and sitting on 37 already :lol:

Pique and Vidic were probably better than Kompany in 2010/2011 season as well if I'm think of the right season.

Vidic was always a little weak with 1v1, got beat a lot because he wasn't agile enough.

The ultimate conclusion is there just aren't that many top level centerbacks right now, might not even be more than one.

Vidic was pretty instrumental to a side that reached the CL final in 2011 was he not? I think he's declined since then, and isn't even a top defender in this league anymore, but that season he was excellent.

Not denying that, gotta look at little things when splitting the top players at each position though. His lack of agility/pace is why I would say Kompany was better then, but Vidic definitely had his day as one of the best.

Not denying that, gotta look at little things when splitting the top players at each position though. His lack of agility/pace is why I would say Kompany was better then, but Vidic definitely had his day as one of the best.

Thiago Silva had all of that and commanded a pretty weak Milan side together with Zlatan to the Serie A title. As soon as both left they've not managed to come close. Anyways, agree to disagree.

Thiago Silva had all of that and commanded a pretty weak Milan side together with Zlatan to the Serie A title. As soon as both left they've not managed to come close. Anyways, agree to disagree.

Wasn't disagreeing abut Thiago Silva :thup: or Pique during his time under Pep, just Vidic.

Wasn't disagreeing abut Thiago Silva :thup: or Pique during his time under Pep, just Vidic.

Fair enough. :thup: