The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Or ye nah, Arsenal in 03/04. You know? Arsenal? You're local rivals?

Guest neesy111

Was 02/03 when they threw a good lead.

Guest firetotheworks

When they went unbeaten? :lol:

The other one. Fucks sake. :lol: 02/03

Guest firetotheworks

Also used you're instead of your. Should probably just go to bed after that.

They've bottled this far in excess of how we did in '96. Man United chased us down like a rabid dog, this mob have just chucked it away through their own naivety.

Load of guff that. They lost to Chelsea at home and drew with a team in brilliance form away on the back of a crazy amount of wins.

They lost to Chelsea by piling forward and being stupid in a game they didn't even need to win. A draw there and they only need to win tonight instead of needing to go suicidal to try and correct the GD.

They were far too desperate to show Chelsea that the mighty Liverpool were back and fell right into the trap.

Still nothing like dropping a 12 point lead though. Not even on the same planet.

A 12 point lead in January vs a 9 point lead (over Man City) with 3 games left?

Their failure, assuming they do, blows ours out of the water man.

Exactly... Man Utd and Arsenal have thrown away just as big of leads with less games to go than us...

Expect Liverpool to drop points tonight. The psychological effect of having it in their hands & having to remotivate from a weaker position will do them in i think.

My original thought was they'd do this & we'd beat them next week. Hope not.

Thoroughly deserved this for all that crying and celebrating after the win over City.

thisssssss

Exactly. People backtracking like crazy and saying that it's still been a tremendous season for them etc. - yeah that is the case - but it doesn't change the fact that they practically had a hand on the title and they've thrown it away.

2nd is still 2nd best, whether it was expected in August or not.

They've bottled this far in excess of how we did in '96. Man United chased us down like a rabid dog, this mob have just chucked it away through their own naivety.

Load of guff that. They lost to Chelsea at home and drew with a team in brilliant form away on the back of a crazy amount of wins.

The big bottle that history should remember is Fergie gifting it to Citeh when seven points ahead (same games played) with seven games to go. Ferk, they were even 4-2 up against Everton with ten minutes to go when it all started going pear-shaped.

It doesn't fit the big Fergie narrative though, so all we get is Keegan and possibly from next season Brendan Rogers. Lets brand them losers instead.

Just as a parallel, Clarence Seedorf may have won the CL four times, but he was also in the Milan side that threw the game away in Instanbul. Shit can happen to anyone.

Aye I thought at the time that huddle was cool - but, in hindsight, he might as well have been saying "we're going to bottle this."

Hindsight sure. But I'd give anything for my squad to be in that position again or show they actually care.

Mind you, I'm going to coin it - The Slip - was probably the moment they lost the title, and I don't really know if I feel happy or gutted for them. My best friend and my older brother are both Liverpool supporters and I actually feel for them too.

Personally, if City go on and get 3 points on Wednesday at least we won't be a crime scene at Anfield had they gone on to score 5 and take the title. We'd have to see that video, and replay, OVER AND OVER for eternity. Pictures, compilations, adverts, bla bla bla...shit now I hope they do?

Your brother and best friend have the recent memories of Champions League victory, etc, to see them through. They'll be reet. :laugh:

I know man, :lol: just saying. I've got nothing but apathy and anger for us - at least 2 people close to me can celebrate something. But nah, not having the constant videos, youtubes, pictures, etc of Suarez running silly and Colo looking around after he's been bummed.

Load of guff that. They lost to Chelsea at home and drew with a team in brilliant form away on the back of a crazy amount of wins.

The big bottle that history should remember is Fergie gifting it to Citeh when seven points ahead (same games played) with seven games to go. Ferk, they were even 4-2 up against Everton with ten minutes to go when it all started going pear-shaped.

It doesn't fit the big Fergie narrative though, so all we get is Keegan and possibly from next season Brendan Rogers. Lets brand them losers instead.

Just as a parallel, Clarence Seedorf may have won the CL four times, but he was also in the Milan side that threw the game away in Instanbul. s*** can happen to anyone.

Yep. He threw it away to Arsenal in 1998 as well.

Just as a parallel, Clarence Seedorf may have won the CL four times, but he was also in the Milan side that threw the game away in Instanbul. s*** can happen to anyone.

Yep. He threw it away to Arsenal in 1998 as well.

13 points too wasn't it. Anyway, last night reminded me of something but I just can't put my finger on it.

Away fans who haven't seen their team win the league in decades devastated having just chucked away crucial points being taunted by home fans who are nowhere near the title race.

Shit now I remember- it was Anfield in 1996. Suck it up bitches.