The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

that will be the general media consensus have no doubt, forget any forensic analysis of Ashley and co and why we didn't make a single permanent signing despite selling our best player for £20m or the cup record as far as they are concerned we should feel fortunate to bask in the reflected limelight of Chelsea Man City and co

I wonder where they get that impression from?

The Balotelli stuff is made up, he's not been racially abused. Seedorf said in the post match interview he was frustrated at his performance and substitution.

Not to say it's not happened before and and will not happen again because it almost certainly will, but its ridiculous that a false story can spread as fact through social media.

http://www.football-italia.net/44993/racism-not-behind-balotelli-tears

I watched that game and Balotelli was fucking crap

The Balotelli stuff is made up, he's not been racially abused. Seedorf said in the post match interview he was frustrated at his performance and substitution.

Not to say it's not happened before and and will not happen again because it almost certainly will, but its ridiculous that a false story can spread as fact through social media.

http://www.football-italia.net/44993/racism-not-behind-balotelli-tears

:thup:

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Bentaleb is pure cack from what I've seen. All the commentators seem to think he's good for some reason. Maybe he isn't a defensive midfielder to be fair and he is also young enough to improve.

He's a tidy lad on the ball but too casual, acts too cool. Doesn't look arsed to track back when the opposing team counters.

Bentaleb is pure cack from what I've seen. All the commentators seem to think he's good for some reason. Maybe he isn't a defensive midfielder to be fair and he is also young enough to improve.

He's all right, but needs time to develop. Not a defensive midfielder though - he's an all-rounder, and it's pretty clear that that's what Sherwood expects from his CMs. I don't think he merits his place right now tbh, with Paulinho back, and Sandro returning from injury.

We're definitely not getting top four this year though, unless something clicks soon, and I'd fully expect us to be seventh if we carry on like this. We just look like a bit of a mess, and really need the same team to play more regularly together. Dawson is staying in the team because he's the one real vocal leader on the pitch and he's the one centre-back who's been consistently fit, despite being our fourth best CB. Walker and Rose are being asked to do a little too much for their capabilities, I fear. The midfield under Sherwood just doesn't seem coherent at all, although we rarely play the same one twice, so it's not entirely surprising. Ade is Ade, and Eriksen is the one really consistently classy player going forward. So, naturally, teams (like Everton today) will single him out for treatment.

I think Sherwood has been trying a few things out, and fair enough, but that will mean that we fall behind. Rodgers has been working with his team for a couple of years, Martinez has had since pre-season (and a team that has been - for the most part - together for a while), and Moyes has a handful of world-class players to bale him out. Sherwood is starting mid-season with a team that is full of strangers.

He's all right, but needs time to develop. Not a defensive midfielder though - he's an all-rounder, and it's pretty clear that that's what Sherwood expects from his CMs. I don't think he merits his place right now tbh, with Paulinho back, and Sandro returning from injury.

We're definitely not getting top four this year though, unless something clicks soon, and I'd fully expect us to be seventh if we carry on like this. We just look like a bit of a mess, and really need the same team to play more regularly together. Dawson is staying in the team because he's the one real vocal leader on the pitch and he's the one centre-back who's been consistently fit, despite being our fourth best CB. Walker and Rose are being asked to do a little too much for their capabilities, I fear. The midfield under Sherwood just doesn't seem coherent at all, although we rarely play the same one twice, so it's not entirely surprising. Ade is Ade, and Eriksen is the one really consistently classy player going forward. So, naturally, teams (like Everton today) will single him out for treatment.

I think Sherwood has been trying a few things out, and fair enough, but that will mean that we fall behind. Rodgers has been working with his team for a couple of years, Martinez has had since pre-season (and a team that has been - for the most part - together for a while), and Moyes has a handful of world-class players to bale him out. Sherwood is starting mid-season with a team that is full of strangers.

Fair assessment.