Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest bimpy474

See Wenger is whinging about the January transfer window again with regards to the Mata transfer. I'm sure he did this last season as well, it's been like this for ages, just accept it man.

He's moaning about Chelsea selling players to rivals with Mata going to Man Utd. Erm RVP and Nasri, wonderfully short and selective memory Wenger has :lol:

He's moaning because Chelsea have already played Man U twice, but the rest of the teams have to play them again, so it's unfair on poor Arsenal :lol:

He can buy players if he wants, it's the same for everyone, well the ones with money. Such a whiney fecker.

The Salah guy must be an absolute moron tbh. The players really do p*ss me off just as much.

The guy is going to be a part time scrub on that team. Why settle for that.

I know more money, I mean f*** me, you're going to be paid handsomely either way. Go somewhere to play you tit.

This is Wilian to Tottenham all over again, as they screwed Spurs over royally, but at least Wilian plays now.

He's going to the team who play in London, offer the biggest payday and the greatest potential for a medal. It would be hard for any young player to turn down. There should be restrictions in place to stop clubs acting like this, but I'm not about to blame the player.

Liverpool are on the up, will definitely pay him well, and he is more likely to play regularly in the first team.

This London s*** is peculiar to me it really is. These jokers train a coupe of hours a day. Go into London after, or on your days off for goodness sake. So over the top.

If that was your son you would honestly advice him to go to Chelsea and end up like Sturridge did, or Demba Ba is now?

I will never understand it. The guy is a moron.

And the medal thing?! What point is that if you played the odd 15 mins here and there. I'd throw the thing away.

Imagine being offered 2.3m a year or 5m a year. That might change your tune.

Just saw the detailed process of how Salah deal happened. f***ing hell, we are embarrassing. Extremely unprofessional by the clowns who negotiate the deals.

Ok guys, I was the source the RAWK source during this whole thing. I didn't want to reveal myself cause I didn't want to get bombarded with PMs every couple of hours about him, but since this one is basically as good as over for us, there is no harm in pointing out some details about this transfer to let the RAWK universe know how much we f***ed up during this transfer as my source is as close to the player as you can get.

First of all, let me tell you that I'm not a fan of the club overpaying by any stretch, I hate it when clubs like City or Chelsea pay over the top fees for the likes of Lescott or Shaun Wright Phillips cause that means the market is inflated. However, just because the market is inflated doesn't mean that there are some players out there who are worth a good chunk of money to be paid for.

There is also a fine line between being too smart and being too smart for your own good, I didn't exactly followed the ins & outs of our other negotiation models with the other targets in the summer but there is a pattern developing of us missing out on first targets like Dempsey, Mkhitaryan, Costa, Willian and bar a miracle now, Salah. It is hard to properly judge the transfer committee plus I feel for the scouts who have their hard work cut out for when a club comes in and gets the players we have been following for months.

Now we were following Salah closely since October, we sent a lot of scouts to Basel games, began negotiating in November and his agent met with Ayre in the West Ham game to discuss terms with them. We had a verbal agreement with Basel regarding everything and we quickly became Salah's favoured destination as he saw us as a club where he can grow, get a lot of 1st team action and become a world class player. I don't know what happened between Salah's agent and Ayre, but the impression that the club got from that meeting was that, in reality there is no way Salah is going to leave for anyone bar Liverpool and/or there are no real offers on the table for Basel bar us. When we got to sending Basel our opening offer, it was a laughable offer well below what was verbally agreed upon, think of Wenger 40 million plus one pound bid, this was even more laughable.

Basel raised their as a result of being p*ssed off. We tried to up our offer but it was again well below what was previously agreed upon and Basel didn't want to lower their demands as they sensed that we were wasting their time. They even began courting other clubs that Salah is available. Milan & Inter thought that Basel's original demands were too high for them, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg & Monchengladbach were ready to pay but Salah didn't want to go to Germany. Basel tried to claim that Atletico was interested but it was a bluff by all accounts, however a host of other clubs wanted to be kept updated on the deal one of whom was Chelsea.

Since we saw that Salah didn't want to go to the Bundesliga and with no other club offering Basel any offer, we assumed he'll stay there till the summer and we can re-open negotiations, but Newcastle offered Basel a good first offer and now him coming to us in the summer was in doubt if Basel & Newcastle agree a fee. That's why we came back with a much more improved offer, almost what was verbally agreed upon before the window even started. Salah's personal demands were also agreed previously so there was no problems with him & his agent, just us agreeing some minor details with Basel. Chelsea, who were updated on the deal, at last asked about his availability and Basel asked about 8 million more than what we were offering (they tried to fleece Chelsea and I'm sorry last night I got confused cause I misunderstood my source as telling me Chelsea offered 8 million more, which isn't true) but Chelsea really offered a couple of million more than us but with a lot of add ons that favour Basel heavily, we didn't even hesitate and backed off, not even matching their deal.

The only thing stopping Salah from going to Chelsea is that he doesn't want to go there, full stop. Him & his advisers believe he won't get much playing time there and if it is in his hands, it is better to stay at Basel and wait till the summer to get his move, however Basel want to sell & get their money now and begin scouting their next target (who will also be from Egypt). There is a third club who asked for Salah's availability (my source won't tell me cause Salah doesn't want this to go public as he prefers to join that third club over Chelsea and doesn't want a repeat of the fiasco surrounding his negotiations with Liverpool) but like I said barring a miracle, most probably he won't be our player come the end of the window.

What makes this irritating is that we wasted three months of scouting him, weeks of negotiations and then tried to lowball Basel and looked stupid at the end when we fell flat on our arses. Board wise, there have to be some questions asked about how good we are at negotiating some deals.

It's fine though....we've managed to sign a commercial deal with Dunkin Donuts this window. That'll do for top 4 race.

BerCgmqCQAAtEj4.jpg:large

Surely it makes far more sense for the 21 year old to take the pay day than the 28 year old who has already had his pay day?

At 21 you need game time to develop. 25-28 is the peak for players in terms of earnings. Realistically, 28 is your last long-term contract. If you don't start earning the massive money at that age, it probably won't ever come.

Man at some point these guys have to have some perspective. £2.3 million a year. This is something most people wouldn't ever dream they could make growing up, never mind at 21 years old.

Personally, I would accept that and be in the first team with Gerrard, Suarez and Sturridge, rather than training hard all week for nothing.

I do get your point though, I'm sure my take on things is not a popular one.

But think how much worse things would be if you'd lost Salah AND Dunkin' Donuts.

Very good point.

I think Dunkin has the potential to contribute to the squad next season. Need a loan in Championship first to get used to physicality and grit of the English football first, though.

Sorry but I can't have any sympathy for Liverpool fans. Your lot have spent a fortune in the last few years.

Totally understandable. But people fail to realize we make f*** load of money too. The most money a non-CL team makes from anywhere in Europe. A lot of revenue. It's not Chelsea/City style owner spending.

Ever since the Carroll/Downing debacle, it seems like the owners are afraid to surpass the 15M mark for a player. But, top players are expensive for a reason. Well, looks like we'll need an awesome luck with injuries and Suarez/Sturridge to keep their form up for rest of the season to have a chance at maintaining top 4. Really thought this would be the window where we'd make a statement. I was wrong.

Sorry but I can't have any sympathy for Liverpool fans. Your lot have spent a fortune in the last few years.

Totally understandable. But people fail to realize we make f*** load of money too. The most money a non-CL team makes from anywhere in Europe. A lot of revenue. It's not Chelsea/City style owner spending.

Ever since the Carroll/Downing debacle, it seems like the owners are afraid to surpass the 15M mark for a player. But, top players are expensive for a reason. Well, looks like we'll need an awesome luck with injuries and Suarez/Sturridge to keep their form up for rest of the season to have a chance at maintaining top 4. Really thought this would be the window where we'd make a statement. I was wrong.

Pwah, as far as Fat Mike is concerned two digit million transfer fees aren't even mathematically possible.

Man at some point these guys have to have some perspective. £2.3 million a year. This is something most people wouldn't ever dream they could make growing up, never mind at 21 years old.

Personally, I would accept that and be in the first team with Gerrard, Suarez and Sturridge, rather than training hard all week for nothing.

I do get your point though, I'm sure my take on things is not a popular one.

Your not most people. Your sons peers are also multi-millionaires.

I remember Paul Ince saying he was really disappointed when Tom joined Blackpool. He'd rather he fight it out some more and try and get into the L'pool side. And with that the money wasn't an issue.

Bit of a meaningless distinction. That Chelsea city style spending was the way to bridge the gaps between rich clubs and poor clubs.

So, you get ready in the morning. Make yourself look good. Go and get the bus and there's this attractive young woman giving you the eye. You get on the bus and she moves her bag so you can sit there, whilst flashing you a smile, but you go and sit at the back. You can wait. Then this nice girl at work keeps ending you flirty emails, but you don’t really get involved. You can wait. Then on your lunch break you clock the office bike giving you the come to bed look, and she comes over and whispers in your ear that she wants to take you to the toilet for a quickie. Nah, you say. I'm alright. Then you go home, w*** and play Super Nintendo. Then a few days later, you're on the bus and go to sit next to the same woman on the bus....but wait, she's chatting away to another young man! Sh*t! Its ok though, that girl at work. Get there and email her....no wait, what? She's emailing your mate?! Fu*k! I know, you think. I'll go for lunch at 1, that woman will be well up for it. And on the way, you see her dragging some bloke into the bogs! Noooooo!!! Fu*k it though, right? Out with the lads tonight. You'll pull there. So there you are, in this grotty club and the lines aren’t working. The birds are annoyed cos you're being a cheapskate and not buying them drinks. It’s alright though, cos I'm sure there are some horrible looking fat skags somewhere who'll be well up for it. We've all been there. But wait? No! Even they aint up for it tonight. So you can go home and have a cry w*** instead, and wonder why you're single and not getting f*cking laid.

spilled coffee all over my work desk reading this at work. Great analogy after a failed transfer (covers all the monitoring the situation, lowballing, waiting a bit, eyeing a transfer, etc parts well) :lol:

Chelsea hijacking Liverpools deal for Mohamed Salah :lol: , would have fkn loved him here.

:lol:

Love how Skirge is so ahead of the game.

Wasn't a fkn heads up but I did miss the :lol: out of my post at Chelsea shafting the bin dippers