Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest firetotheworks

Real Madrid: 12 managers in 14 years.

16 trophies going by Wiki mind. 2 Champions Leagues, 5 La Ligas and 2 Copa Del Reys. It would be interesting to see how much they've spent in that time.

In that time Barca has won by Wikipedia's count, 22* trophies and I imagine spent a fraction of what they have. It must feel pretty satisfying.

*3 Champions Leagues, 7 La Ligas and 2 Copa Del Reys.

Real Madrid: 12 managers in 14 years.

16 trophies going by Wiki mind. 2 Champions Leagues, 5 La Ligas and 2 Copa Del Reys. It would be interesting to see how much they've spent in that time.

In that time Barca has won by Wikipedia's count, 22* trophies and I imagine spent a fraction of what they have. It must feel pretty satisfying.

*3 Champions Leagues, 7 La Ligas and 2 Copa Del Reys.

think you'll find the spend isn't that far apart over time, Barcelona are a fucking horror story in the market

Madrid have spent more than us; I'm not talking a significant magnitude (IIRC in the past six years we've spent around 500m and they have spent around 750m), but they have.

And yes, we're quite bad in the transfer market.

this covers a decades worth, suggests an average of 20m euros more per season give or take

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2013/07/08/4096370/revealed-how-madrid-have-spent-300m-more-on-transfers-than

Madrid have spent more than us; I'm not talking a significant magnitude (IIRC in the past six years we've spent around 500m and they have spent around 750m), but they have.

this covers a decades worth, suggests an average of 20m euros more per season give or take

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2013/07/08/4096370/revealed-how-madrid-have-spent-300m-more-on-transfers-than

Looks about right to me.

Looks about right to me.

considering that for much of that decade the spine of your team came from the academy it's not great like :lol:

still 22 trophies :yao:

That's because we're s*** in the transfer market. The academy bailed us out indeed.

This season, if you don't count Vermaelen we've actually bought well I think. Ter Stegen, Bravo, Rakitic, Suárez have all been outstanding. Even Mathieu has been allright at the end.

Funnily this 14 year period comprises both our best and worst periods in history, trophy-wise. What a weird club we are.

yeah on paper this summer looked poor at the outset but it's worked out well in the end

what're your thoughts on this summer, try to tie up deals now to go through in January or something?

I think you need another striker tbh

Yeah, I'm surprised myself by how things have gone for us. I guess if Messi turns up that's all we need. Suárez has been majestic too once he's hit form, what a player.

Xavi and Alves going leaves us with two big holes in the squad that we won't be able to fill until January. The idea is that we'll tie up deals for January, but I'm not sure how many players of calibre will agree to a winter move.

We'll need another striker if Pedro leaves; guess we'll take a punt on Munir and see if he's up to it.

Yeah, I'm surprised myself by how things have gone for us. I guess if Messi turns up that's all we need. Suárez has been majestic too once he's hit form, what a player.

Xavi and Alves going leaves us with two big holes in the squad that we won't be able to fill until January. The idea is that we'll tie up deals for January, but I'm not sure how many players of calibre we'll agree to a winter move.

players will fall over themselves to join you lot surely?  CL cup-ties will surely be your biggest issue there

I don't know; say we and Madrid are trying to get Gundogan (been linked to both clubs in our press). Madrid can buy him in the summer, but we have to tell him to wait until January. That's a disadvantage. But well, we've ourselves to blame for that.

I don't know; say we and Madrid are trying to get Gundogan (been linked to both clubs in our press). Madrid can buy him in the summer, but we have to tell him to wait until January. That's a disadvantage. But well, we've ourselves to blame for that.

Or advantage if Dortmund as a seller club finds it better to keep him for another 6 months ;)

incidentally does anyone know why juve fans hated that manager so much when he was appointed?

Allegri's time with Milan post-Ibrahimovic was very uninspiring. There is probably more to it, but I remember Milan supporters being happy to see him leave.

incidentally does anyone know why juve fans hated that manager so much when he was appointed?

Allegri's time with Milan post-Ibrahimovic was very uninspiring. There is probably more to it, but I remember Milan supporters being happy to see him leave.

obviously he was far from the problem considering the current state of Milan