Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Or they could learn not to try and extort the club if they make a breakthrough?

How is it extortion? He hasn't said that he'd stop playing if he didn't get a new contract. He's just said he won't be signing a new contract. How the fuck is that extortion?

Why do people routinely side with rich clubs and rich owners over shit like this? It's completely baffling.

Sterling has no interest in staying regardless of what Liverpool give him, that's quite obvious. Does he want money?  Of course he does as every sportsman does, but the overall arch here is he wants to play in the CL and for a team that competes every year for trophies.

Also don't delude yourself, he'd walk into that City team. Who exactly is gonna bench him?  Navas?  Don't make me laugh.

He's not worth 40m but he's a lot better than most seem to think on here as well, he was our best player in the WC last year (i know)  and was fantastic behind Suarez and Sturridge. He was disappointing this year but part of that to me is Rodgers fucking him about and playing him in every position except the one he's had success in.

If he goes to City he'll be a success, mainly because of all the space afforded to him by Silva and Aguero etc.

Think people here really overrate the guy. Sure if he fulfills his potential he could be a very good player, but will he ever be one of the best in the world? Highly doubt it. As inconsistent as Coutinho.

Think people here really overrate the guy. Sure if he fulfills his potential he could be a very good player, but will he ever be one of the best in the world? Highly doubt it. As inconsistent as Coutinho.

No one thinks that he'll be that good though. Also I don't see how he's overrated when the majority seem to hate him :lol:

No one thinks that he'll be that good though. Also I don't see how he's overrated when the majority seem to hate him :lol:

Thought most on here thought £40m is a fair price? Sure if he had 4 years left on his contract.

32 million for Willian isn't horrific tbf

Not in todays absolute fucking crazy market. These sums are so ridiculous. £30m used to buy you one of the best in the world, now it buys an above-average player.

It's interesting, the gap in opinions on Sterling.

Firstly, if Carroll could stay fit, he'd be worth every penny of 35m. He's a striker, who scores goals and is a constant menace. Anyway, it's irrelevant because he's a crock.

Sanchez is worth way more than 30m. That's based on taking into account the huge fees paid for players who have achieved nothing. Luke Shaw cost 30m remember, thats based on one good year, don't tell me it's not relevant.

As for Sterling, 30m, 40m, 50m? He's worth what City are willing to pay for him. IMO they could do more with their money but it's not as if it's a financial risk to them. They are hardly going to run out of money. They are just flexing their considerable muscle.

Firstly, if Carroll could stay fit, he'd be worth every penny of 35m. He's a striker, who scores goals and is a constant menace. Anyway, it's irrelevant because he's a crock.

Sanchez is worth way more than 30m. That's based on taking into account the huge fees paid for players who have achieved nothing. Luke Shaw cost 30m remember, thats based on one good year, don't tell me it's not relevant.

As for Sterling, 30m, 40m, 50m? He's worth what City are willing to pay for him. IMO they could do more with their money but it's not as if it's a financial risk to them. They are hardly going to run out of money. They are just flexing their considerable muscle.

:thup:

My goodness ... forgot Luke Shaw cost £30 million.

No way I would accept £35 million for Sterling. No chance.

I think Shaw is worth the £30m like, even if he becomes just a really good EPL defender. English, already proven in the league, and could potential play for fifteen years.

Of course you think!