Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Would've really liked Loftus-Cheek.

I'm not for wage caps or anything. But there should be a limit on the number of players on a clubs books.

First team squad 25. Additional 6-8 loanees over 20. Loftus Cheek turns 22 in January. He's made 22 or so first team career appearances. Anyone of his repute would have 100+ games on the continent.

Palace using "#CheekyLoan" in announcing they've signed Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

So much :anguish:

Football has gone full cringe this summer like

:lol: I genuinely don't get it. They've been one-upping each other on the douchebaggery all summer.

I think either he has always had dreams of being a french league champion or PSG offered more money. More money is a legit reason to pick a club, players should just say it, I fucking would.

I think either he has always had dreams of being a french league champion or PSG offered more money. More money is a legit reason to pick a club, players should just say it, I fucking would.

He wants first team football too, which Man City won't offer.

If he was that keen on being a champion he'd be joining Celtic or TNS, the lying slug.

I think either he has always had dreams of being a french league champion or PSG offered more money. More money is a legit reason to pick a club, players should just say it, I f***ing would.

He would walk into Man City's team.

Guest chopey

I think either he has always had dreams of being a french league champion or PSG offered more money. More money is a legit reason to pick a club, players should just say it, I f***ing would.

Mirror says he's on £240k a week at PSG and Man City offered £120k

Mirror says he's on £240k a week at PSG and Man City offered £120k

cheapskates

Stoke reject a £20m bid from West Ham for Arnautovic.

He's worth way more tbf. If you start thinking of value in terms of "replacement cost", I find this crazy environment a bit more understandable. :lol:

Swansea would need to spend a helluva lot to replace him even if it is mainly set-pieces. There's no guarantee they'd replace that and he kept them up last year. Losing him and the risk of going down is why he's worth £50m to Swansea.

:thup:

Seems straightforward enough to me. He's their best player, and they narrowly stayed in the league last year with him. Which got them hundreds of millions. Selling him for 40 and having to rebuild is risk. Sure, risk may result in good things, but it also may result in bad things, and those bad things would result in a financial loss significantly larger than 40m.

Significantly higher risk that they'll keep him, still go down and lose him for pittance.

Their reasoning makes sense, and I'd be all for it if I were a Swansea fan, but £50m being the go-to price for any above average player ffs. The PL is horrid. Horrid.

Would've really liked Loftus-Cheek.

I'm not for wage caps or anything. But there should be a limit on the number of players on a clubs books.

First team squad 25. Additional 6-8 loanees over 20. Loftus Cheek turns 22 in January. He's made 22 or so first team career appearances. Anyone of his repute would have 100+ games on the continent.

I'd put a cut off of minutes per season that a player (over 21) has to play in or they become available for 1 years worth of wages, or even a free.

2 seasons on loan in a row - free