Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Phew, I was worried City wouldn't have any real options at fullback.

Tbf they haven't which is why they're spunking ridiculous amounts on them.

I'd understand spunking ridiculous amounts on two starter level fullbacks but 3?  Even the likes of Barca, Madrid and Bayern don't spend 30m on a backup fullback. :lol:

Walker and Mendy are understandable because of their needs, but Danilo?  Nah.

Losing out on Lukaku might turn out to be a blessing in disguise for Chelsea. I have a feeling Morata might have a better season anyway because there'll be less expectation on his shoulders and he's got the right attributes to do well here. I'm still not sure how Lukaku will handle being a Man U player.

:lol:

I will never understand this "do the right thing " and "let him go" stuff, these players are paid to be professional footballers and are contracted to do so.

If a player doesn't like it perhaps he should have negotiated a buyout or not signed the contract to begin with.

It's not really about the money IMO, it's more that they have bought 3 fullbacks for two positions and all of them should expect to start.

Seems utterly pointless, Silva and the GK are fine but i really don't understand the mindset in buying 3 high profile fullbacks. Like i said not even the likes of Madrid, Barca and Bayern do that.

Guest Howaythetoon

Walker isn't worth £50m, but he's a very good all-round full-back with pace, power and stamina. A perfect player for Pep really.

'Elite' players these days are all about managing their own image etc, teams they are playing for etc are increasingly irrelevant. The marketing feels more important than achievements on the pitch. It's getting pretty sickening.

It's an obscene amount of money obviously but at least its for a guy who's definitely in the top 5 players in the world

All it does is raise the bar, again. "Neymar got X amount, I'm worth at least half that," remarked some good yet unremarkable player.

It's an obscene amount of money obviously but at least its for a guy who's definitely in the top 5 players in the world

All it does is raise the bar, again. "Neymar got X amount, I'm worth at least half that," remarked some good yet unremarkable player.

Aye, the bar got raised initially when players like Bale went for close to 100m. I mean Bale is obviously class but it raises the perceived market value of everyone.

It's just a vicious, yet endless circle.