Other clubs' transfers

TBG

He's frequently compared to Rivaldo, yes. Jesus still didn't make up his mind about Talisca's role in the team: 8, 10 or striker. Even played in the left wing when needed. Wouldn't be suprised if he took over Enzo's role as a box-to-box midfielder tbh.

Tall, has a top class left foot (both for passing and shooting) and when gets some space to run he's a serious threat. I would say he has some very unusual characteristics and therefore maybe Rivaldo really is the closest comparison possible (keeping in mind that Rivaldo was a genius, ofc). Jesus likes tall midfielders, Matic was a "10" then ended up being a worldclass defensive midfielder, so who knows... maybe in the end he turns out to be a centre midfielder. Too soon to tell. But the talent is there and playing in all these position will benefit him tactically in the long run, so Jorge Jesus says.

Hopefully he'll have time to grow before leaving. Seeing Markovic playing as a full back for Liverpool at times makes me want to kill myself.

Good to see you on this joyous nite sir.

We need Benfica updates on a more regular basis  O0

He was absolutely class against us. Guess with Carroll, Sakho and Valencia they don't need him.

Scored a great goal vs Palace too. Thought he looked good years ago at Birmingham too

Came on against us at Goodison and changed the game. Strange one letting him go.

He's frequently compared to Rivaldo, yes. Jesus still didn't make up his mind about Talisca's role in the team: 8, 10 or striker. Even played in the left wing when needed. Wouldn't be suprised if he took over Enzo's role as a box-to-box midfielder tbh.

Tall, has a top class left foot (both for passing and shooting) and when gets some space to run he's a serious threat. I would say he has some very unusual characteristics and therefore maybe Rivaldo really is the closest comparison possible (keeping in mind that Rivaldo was a genius, ofc). Jesus likes tall midfielders, Matic was a "10" then ended up being a worldclass defensive midfielder, so who knows... maybe in the end he turns out to be a centre midfielder. Too soon to tell. But the talent is there and playing in all these position will benefit him tactically in the long run, so Jorge Jesus says.

Hopefully he'll have time to grow before leaving. Seeing Markovic playing as a full back for Liverpool at times makes me want to kill myself.

This years squad is fragile, naturally. That quality group of players I posted above was built over the last 3 years and then sold in one season. We can't replace them overnight and it shows.

However, we won in Dragão some weeks ago - first Jorge Jesus victory in Dragão for the portuguese league - and grabbed a comfortable lead. If we can hold on to it and repeat the portuguese league trophy, I would say it's Jorge Jesus biggest archievement. After Porto's big investiment, this is only the second time he got a weaker squad than his Porto rival manager. Last time being Villas-Boas year, 2010/11. In 2009/10 he won the league as well but had a great squad, comparable to last season: Luiz, Coentrão, Luisão, Javi, Ramires, Di Maria, Aimar, Saviola, Cardozo...

Oh and ofc there's some quality young players starting to appear. Talisca is the most promising.

Talisca looks bloody good :thup: excited to see him develop.

He's having a great season at Sevilla. We actually agreed to sell him to them as part of the Rakitic deal, but we can pay compo to break the deal. I guess that won't run afoul of the ban since he's still on loan there.

Him and Samper are different players anyway; Suárez is more an attacking midfielder, while Samper is a deep lying playmaker.

I think we have enough in the middle and upfront to survive next season and be competitive. Our defence though :anguish:

He's having a great season at Sevilla. We actually agreed to sell him to them as part of the Rakitic deal, but we can pay compo to break the deal. I guess that won't run afoul of the ban since he's still on loan there.

Him and Samper are different players anyway; Suárez is more an attacking midfielder, while Samper is a deep lying playmaker.

I think we have enough in the middle and upfront to survive next season and be competitive. Our defence though :anguish:

The expensive Suarez was a mistake right?

The expensive Suarez was a mistake right?

Barca got it all wrong barring Rakitic in the summer:

Suarez is brilliant but they spent too much on someone they 'could' have done without

can we have your coach? I'd take Jorge Jesus to the Toon  :angel: