Other clubs' transfers

TBG

We didn't. Our DoF, sadly, did.

VI when are the next elections? Is Laporta coming back?

Summer 2016. Laporta is likely to run, and there's no chance in hell the current board wins, even if we went two CL back-to-back wins beating Madrid 10-0 in both finals. They are only slightly more popular than Generalísimo Franco and AIDS.

:lol: I'm ready to blame Sir Alex for that tbf, kid was a bright talented offensive midfielder with loads of flair. Can't blame success as with other Brazilians because he was a changed player six months after arriving.

He's having a great season at Sevilla. We actually agreed to sell him to them as part of the Rakitic deal, but we can pay compo to break the deal. I guess that won't run afoul of the ban since he's still on loan there.

Him and Samper are different players anyway; Suárez is more an attacking midfielder, while Samper is a deep lying playmaker.

I think we have enough in the middle and upfront to survive next season and be competitive. Our defence though :anguish:

The expensive Suarez was a mistake right?

Barca got it all wrong barring Rakitic in the summer:

Suarez is brilliant but they spent too much on someone they 'could' have done without

I don't agree. Suarez will hopefully be a very good piece of business. They have three of the most talented offensive players up front two are in the top 3 to me (and Neymar is not one of them). They'll just have to click and find a way to work together, which they do at times.

Like VI says I think spending that much money on Mathieu, Vermaelen and Douglas was a huuuge mistake. Could've gotten a really good central defender. Although I thought Mathieu started the season well, but it's quite clear that smoking isn't good for a professional player. Looks out of breath after 4-5 runs.

:lol: I'm ready to blame Sir Alex for that tbf, kid was a bright talented offensive midfielder with loads of flair. Can't blame success as with other Brazilians because he was a changed player six months after arriving.

Anderson was very effective for us early on. We thought Fergie was justified in converting him. I have no idea what happened to him after that. We had a song for Anderson in which we state that he shits on Fabregas. :lol: He's on about 70k a week I think.

When did you sign Anderson? Feels like he's been there for like 10 years.

Summer of 2007. We paid fifty million for Nani, Hargreaves and Anderson. Delighted at the time mind considering how promising two were and how established one was. Looks like a waste now. Will recoup barely anything.

Summer of 2007. We paid fifty million for Nani, Hargreaves and Anderson. Delighted at the time mind considering how promising two were and how established one was. Looks like a waste now. Will recoup barely anything.

Still think Nani is a good player

Still think Nani is a good player

So do I, but I don't think he'll play for us again.

Nani has put in some very good performances in the CL this season

I'd like to give him another shot, but under Van Gaal I just don't think it would happen. He doesn't do the defensive work required to replaced either Valencia or Young and he isn't replacing anyone elsewhere.

2010-2012 he was one of the best players in the league. Scoring a lot of crucial goals and assisting plenty. Unplayable on his day.

Nobody does a flaky winger with all the tricks with the Portuguese mind. Saying that if you played Nani - Simao - Quaresma behind someone capable chances are at least one of them would do something decent each game.

Tony Pulis will make Stoke City striker Peter Crouch, 33, his first signing as West Brom manager

That would've gone down well here :lol:

The thought of this place's reaction watching Peter Crouch turning out in the NUFC shirt  :lol:

I would jump as high as i could and bite his ankle off.