Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest palnese

He's up there with Keane, Scholes, Vieira, Gerrard and Yaya as one of the best midfielders to play in the PL.

He's up there with Keane, Scholes, Vieira, Gerrard and Yaya as one of the best midfielders to play in the PL.

Pretty harsh to leave out Segundo Castillo but generally I agree.

@OptaJoe

5 - Top five for goals + assists in @premierleague history: Shearer 324 Lampard 272 Giggs 271 Andy Cole 260 Rooney 258. Productive.

Look at that overrated 28 year old. :lol: :lol:

@OptaJoe

5 - Top five for goals + assists in @premierleague history: Shearer 324 Lampard 272 Giggs 271 Andy Cole 260 Rooney 258. Productive.

He's not overrated. He's just not as good as he should be.

@OptaJoe

Look at that overrated fat 28 year old. :lol: :lol:

@OptaJoe

How do you rate him?

You know how. Our best player, and one of the best in the World. 19 goals and 18 assists this season and people said he played shit. He can't win with a lot of people.

He isn't one of the best in the world ffs. How many of those goals and assists against good teams? He is one of the better players in the league though

He's a very good player, held back by his own ego at times. My main criticism of him is at the national level, he's clearly been one of the outstanding players of hte premier league season for a while. People's frustration with him seems over his failure to push on and get into that ballon d'or candidate bracket. He's basically very good but there's plenty better.

We had a shit season this year like. He has scored plenty in big games before. He's a great player. Obviously not in the Ronaldo/Messi bracket, but he's in the bracket below that.

He had the world at his feet with us and the first 2-3 years at Man Utd. He just hasn't pushed on as much as he should have, and I'd be very surprised if you disagree with that Froggy. That isn't to say he's not still a very, very good player and on his day exceptional, but those days aren't anywhere near as regular as they were.

Rooney is an exceptional player. Anything else is bollocks. Sure he could've been even better, but he's still one of the absolute top in the world. He's not had the best season in his career and despite that he's scored and created a lot for his team.

He had the world at his feet with us and the first 2-3 years at Man Utd. He just hasn't pushed on as much as he should have, and I'd be very surprised if you disagree with that Froggy. That isn't to say he's not still a very, very good player and on his day exceptional, but those days aren't anywhere near as regular as they were.

I agree with this, but doesn't mean he's not a top top player that it seems some are tying to suggest though. :thup:

Rooney is an exceptional player. Anything else is bollocks. Sure he could've been even better, but he's still one of the absolute top in the world. He's not had the best season in his career and despite that he's scored and created a lot for his team.

I agree with this, but doesn't mean he's not a top top player that it seems some are tying to suggest though. :thup:

He's not one of the best in the world like

Froggy's Rooney agenda is one of the most tedious things on the forum like. 

And I say that as someone who likes Froggy, despite his terrible TV taste.

Shut up about Rooney, Froggy.  He's shit.

:lol: How many digs were got in there you Mike-loving fucker. Do I really go about him that much? Solskjaer is my guy, not Rooney.

He's a completely different player now than he was then of course. It's not that I disagree with you, it's just that people remember what Rooney was like when he was younger but seem to forget he's a completely different player now. Of course most people would rather see the young, explosive Rooney terrorising defenders, but Fergie obviously thought he would be more effective dropping deeper, and I think I agree with him. As a #10 I believe he's different class.

I'd have been absolutely devastated to lose him. People were shocked at his wages but had we not had him this season, fuck knows where we would have finished. I'm hoping he can have a good World Cup and then come into next season full of confidence.

He is, how you could even argue that is beyond me. Rooney is a great player to watch, give me 20 players better than him that could do a job in multiple positions like he can. One of the best in the world doesn't necessarily mean top 3 in the world, which he obviously isn't.

Define one of the best in the world. If it's like top 10 he's easily there.