Other clubs' transfers

TBG

£24m for the 5th (debatable) best Brazilian CB. What has the world come to.

What ever happened to Dede? He was supposed to be the next big thing a few years ago

For me he should still probably be it as well, injuries have stagnated his development a bit. Is now at Cruzeiro though that won the league and is a very very good defender. We all thought it was between him and Miranda for the 4th CB spot so was surprised to see Henrique there.

:thup: Remember one paper linked us with him a few years ago, you think injuries were a problem? :lol:

No doubt he will turn up in Ukraine in the next year or so

Think we'll see him in a bigger league then Ukraine. He's that good, Ukraine are more young players that have been good for a year or two only. Dede has played at the top for more than that now. Only player that was capable of stopping Neymar when Neymar was at his best in 2012 (or 2011 can't remember exactly)

Guest Roger Kint

What ever happened to Dede? He was supposed to be the next big thing a few years ago

For me he should still probably be it as well, injuries have stagnated his development a bit. Is now at Cruzeiro though that won the league and is a very very good defender. We all thought it was between him and Miranda for the 4th CB spot so was surprised to see Henrique there.

:thup: Remember one paper linked us with him a few years ago, you think injuries were a problem? :lol:

Think we'll see him in a bigger league then Ukraine. He's that good, Ukraine are more young players that have been good for a year or two only. Dede has played at the top for more than that now. Only player that was capable of stopping Neymar when Neymar was at his best in 2012 (or 2011 can't remember exactly)

Hopefully see him on a top Euro league soon then. All depends on the money i guess as to which, always assumed he would sign for Man Utd as they were all over him at the time.

I have absolute no idea how good Miranda is, he may be a fantastic defender.

However I always wonder about signings like this.

It's clear to see Simeone has got them playing extremely well as a unit, now does that make Miranda worth 24m?

I'm sure LVG isn't an idiot and knows the player well, but it would be easy to get lost in the fact Athletico Madrid defend well as a team.

Agreed 100%. It's like how a number of the Dortmund players have struggled since moving on.

The future of Shakhtar is somewhat up in the air thanks to the current political situation in the Ukraine.

Guest palnese

Lambert to Liverpool for £9m SSN.

Fantastic move for him that. Boyhood fan and all, I think.

Lambert to Liverpool for £9m SSN.

It's actually 4M. Paying 5M extra, so that knocks off 5 from Lallana deal, so Saints will lose less money to Bournmouth. Expect Lallana to be sold at 20M now.

Good 4th choice striker, and a handy penalty taker.

Reading on various places that Saints wanted 20M net for themselves for Lallana, and now it'll be a bit over 25M for the pair.

8M for Lambert, and 17M for Lallana (13.5M of which will be kept by the saints). so they'll get 21.5 M for the pair, with 4M going to Bournemouth.

Not as bad as Monaco-Porto deal of last summer, but I guess it was a tactical move to seal the deal before the World Cup.

£9m isn't that shocking, really. He's a good PL striker.

I'm just surprised that, after Shaw and Lallana, they're choosing to keep selling. I can see them struggling next season. It's a silly sale.

£9m isn't that shocking, really. He's a good PL striker.

I'm just surprised that, after Shaw and Lallana, they're choosing to keep selling. I can see them struggling next season. It's a silly sale.

Whether we like it or not though, it's the way of football. Whether it's Southampton who have shown ambition, or us who don't care. Better players will go to bigger clubs.