Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Martin Ødegaard to Real Madrid now about to be official apparently. Gets the number 16 and guarantees of first team appeareances.

Seems so silly to move straight to Real Madrid, lad would have been far better developing his game elsewhere. Ajax, for instance, would have been a great next step for him. Bit of a :anguish: move from him - best of luck to the lad though.

"Players with numbers between 1 and 25 can only play for the first team."

I didn't know that was a rule in Spain, but apparently it is :lol:

I think Munir has played with number 31 this season.

From my Football Manager knowledge, u18/19s don't have to be registered so can wear any number

From my Football Manager knowledge, u18/19s don't have to be registered so can wear any number

The point is that anyone with 26+ can play for Castilla and the youth teams. 1-25 can only play for the first team (when registered). :razz:

Can't really say it's a shit move, for him tbh . If you were 16 and Real Madrid came in for you what would you do?

Tell em to fuck off and sign for NUFC, where I got the chance to play under John Carver.

Can't really say it's a shit move, for him tbh . If you were 16 and Real Madrid came in for you what would you do?

I'd say "Are you out of your fucking minds? I can't even get in the school football team, you clowns"

U21s, but you're right otherwise.

Anybody wearing 26+ in La Liga is classed as a youth player.

Over here they're merely classed as a daft cunt.

I don't think this is as terrible a move as being made out. He's very very young. He doesn't need to be playing every game right now. He gets to train at Real Madrid with all manner of class players and coaches. So it goes tits up in four years time? He goes somewhere for big money at the age of 20. Plenty of time to become a star.

Name me a young player who came through Madrid as a teenager and actually made something of himself?

It's a s*** move really, but tbf to Madrid I'd consider it a s*** move for him to join any of the powerhouses of European football.

Probably the biggest club he should be joining at this stage is probably Ajax, anything else shouldn't even be considered. Good luck to him but I can't see this ending too well and the hype around him in general is quite upsetting in general.

Carvahal only spent 1 year out. Casillas. Arbeloa. Varane has been handled well. Sergio Ramos joined at 19. Jese Rodriguez is a big talent. The lanky lad whose name I always forget that went to Juventus.

The Madrid youth academy is made to look bad by La Masia but it does a decent job. It provides primarily the Spanish league with lots of talented players.

Guest palnese

Over here they're merely classed as a daft cunt.

:lol:

Manchester United have offered a contract to Valdés, according to our press.

Funny if he got reunited with Van Gaal, after the massive fallout they had back when Valdés started his senior career.

Does that mean De Gea to Real Madrid and Bale to Manchester United?

I don't think this is as terrible a move as being made out. He's very very young. He doesn't need to be playing every game right now. He gets to train at Real Madrid with all manner of class players and coaches. So it goes tits up in four years time? He goes somewhere for big money at the age of 20. Plenty of time to become a star.

Name me a young player who came through Madrid as a teenager and actually made something of himself?

It's a s*** move really, but tbf to Madrid I'd consider it a s*** move for him to join any of the powerhouses of European football.

Probably the biggest club he should be joining at this stage is probably Ajax, anything else shouldn't even be considered. Good luck to him but I can't see this ending too well and the hype around him in general is quite upsetting in general.

Carvahal only spent 1 year out. Casillas. Arbeloa. Varane has been handled well. Sergio Ramos joined at 19. Jese Rodriguez is a big talent. The lanky lad whose name I always forget that went to Juventus.

The Madrid youth academy is made to look bad by La Masia but it does a decent job. It provides primarily the Spanish league with lots of talented players.

I don't think there's a question over the quality of coaching at youth levels there, I think it's more a question of making the 'big step' too quickly. A player like that would blossom at Ajax and develop his game, potentially, far more than he may at Madrid.

p.s. Morata ;)

Manchester United have offered a contract to Valdés, according to our press.

Funny if he got reunited with Van Gaal, after the massive fallout they had back when Valdés started his senior career.

Does that mean De Gea to Real Madrid and Bale to Manchester United?

Wouldn't know, tbf. I assume Valdés is just there as an experienced understudy.

Also, Morata.

If Valdes has made a full recovery not sure why Liverpool aren't after him.

Especially as he's not in the best of barganing positions due to his injury.

Never used to rate him when he first came into the Barca team but think now I think he's top class.

If Valdes has made a full recovery not sure why Liverpool aren't after him.

Especially as he's not in the best of barganing positions due to his injury.

Never used to rate him when he first came into the Barca team but think now I think he's top class.

Morata

FYP Jonny mate

Can't really say it's a s*** move, for him tbh . If you were 16 and Real Madrid came in for you what would you do?

Not in that sense it isn't but in terms of developing his talent and his future career prospects it is.

Maybe but maybe not he's working with the best coaches/players in the world on a daily basis that can only be helpful for him.

Come on now, that's flawed. Hasn't worked for Haris Vuckic has it?

:papiss:

Really scratching the barrel there :lol:

Ramos was already playing in La Liga before he joined so it's hardly the same, Varane hasn't been handled that well tbh and again he had top flight experience before joining them.

We don't if anything will become of Jese or Morata yet and we had about as much effect on Carrick's career as Madrid did on Arbeloa.

He's 16 years old, it's stupid for him to join any big club at this point and Barca have a great rep too but I'd include them in this also.

Good luck to him but it's very likely going to end badly.