Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Martin Ødegaard to Real Madrid now about to be official apparently. Gets the number 16 and guarantees of first team appeareances.

Wonder how many first team appearances he's guaranteed.

the sooner theres a ban on under 18's moving clubs the better.

Well we wouldn't have aarons so I'm not sure that's a good idea

so be it, its just that most of Europes "elite" clubs have been fighting it out trying to sweet talk a 16 year old kid into joining them and if that doesn't qualify as fucked up what the hell does?

Reminds me of when Demba Ba sat on Chelsea's bench for a season and a half. Swansea are actually getting money though I suppose

At least Demba Ba made sense from a Chelsea perspective, quality striker to provide competition for Torres for only 7 million.

City are already in deep shit with the FFP regulations as it is, and they are going to drop 30 mil on Bony sit behind Aguero and Dzeko?

Reminds me of when Demba Ba sat on Chelsea's bench for a season and a half. Swansea are actually getting money though I suppose

At least Demba Ba made sense from a Chelsea perspective, quality striker to provide competition for Torres for only 7 million.

City are already in deep shit with the FFP regulations as it is, and they are going to drop 30 mil on Bony sit behind Aguero and Dzeko?

hahahahaha

Thought it was a "done deal" he was off to play for Chelsea B?

Is he good?

I thought he was going to Chelsea and was going to be immediately loaned to Leicester.

At least that's what I read.

Against the rules apparently. Supposedly stopped us getting Zuccini from Man City

Martin Ødegaard to Real Madrid now about to be official apparently. Gets the number 16 and guarantees of first team appeareances.

You know he's gonna be such a smug little cunt too, if he isn't already.

I don't think this is as terrible a move as being made out. He's very very young. He doesn't need to be playing every game right now. He gets to train at Real Madrid with all manner of class players and coaches. So it goes tits up in four years time? He goes somewhere for big money at the age of 20. Plenty of time to become a star.

Bony is better than Dzeko imo and Aguero is frequently crocked. It's a good move for both parties. 

I don't think this is as terrible a move as being made out. He's very very young. He doesn't need to be playing every game right now. He gets to train at Real Madrid with all manner of class players and coaches. So it goes tits up in four years time? He goes somewhere for big money at the age of 20. Plenty of time to become a star.

Name me a young player who came through Madrid as a teenager and actually made something of himself?

It's a shit move really, but tbf to Madrid I'd consider it a shit move for him to join any of the powerhouses of European football.

Probably the biggest club he should be joining at this stage is probably Ajax, anything else shouldn't even be considered. Good luck to him but I can't see this ending too well and the hype around him in general is quite upsetting in general.

Name me a young player who came through Madrid as a teenager and actually made something of himself?

It's a shit move really, but tbf to Madrid I'd consider it a shit move for him to join any of the powerhouses of European football.

Probably the biggest club he should be joining at this stage is probably Ajax, anything else shouldn't even be considered. Good luck to him but I can't see this ending too well and the hype around him in general is quite upsetting in general.

Iker Casillas did alright for himself.........

I mean, I'd assume there were shit tons of players who were at real madrid at a young age that went on to be good players, just probably not at Real. Off the top of my head (+ speedy googling for confirmation) Eto'o, Mata and Soldado, as well as the predictable Madrid lifers. The kid is 16, priority is training facilities and staff, I reckon he'll be just fine at Madrid for that.