Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Pathetic move by Man U. Absolutely desperate stuff. After the one season.

That guy should stay with Spurs under a new contract.

This is bloody stupid now.

You remind me of Ray Hudson

Not worth the gamble for them at this point considering the ludicrous fee they'd have to pay, nor the right move for him at the moment.

Think he's more than just a one season wonder though, even if he might never hit quite the ridiculous run of scoring form he's had again, he'll have a good career.

Guest firetotheworks

One-season wonder. Stay away.

pls say not srs

I'll be happy to eat my words, but I absolutely agree. He looks like the very definition of a one season wonder to me.

Not worth the gamble for them at this point considering the ludicrous fee they'd have to pay, nor the right move for him at the moment.

Think he's more than just a one season wonder though, even if he might never hit quite the ridiculous run of scoring form he's had again, he'll have a good career.

O0

The lad has more about him than just scoring. Good link up play, good engine, willing to run channels and lost causes.

Much more than a one off, one good season wonder for me too.

Completely the wrong move for him at this stage though. Watch Citeh pile in or Chelski as well.

Hope he stays put for another couple of seasons at least.

People call him a one season wonder as though anyone could fluke what he's achieved. Kane is the real deal, hope he stays at Spurs and continues developing there.

I don't think I've seen a poster as consistently wrong as Kaka. Lovely fella I'm sure but his footballing opinions are dramatic at best.

Hey?! What have I got wrong now?!

Ah, I see ... the Harry Kane comment.

I wasn't insinuating that Kane wasn't capable of reproducing his form of last season.

I was more lamenting how pathetic it was of Man U to jump on him as soon as he emerged. Sick of any decent player just being poached by the top four clubs straight away.

They need to develop their own players the charlatans.  It irks me okay?!

Would love to see Kane stay at Spurs and keep doing what he did last year.

I don't think I've seen a poster as consistently wrong as Kaka. Lovely fella I'm sure but his footballing opinions are dramatic at best.

I wouldn't say you're always wrong but you have to be taking the piss with some of your reactions :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

People call him a one season wonder as though anyone could fluke what he's achieved. Kane is the real deal, hope he stays at Spurs and continues developing there.

It's not about him fluking anything, it's about opposition defenders not knowing how to play against him yet. The Premier League has had plenty of players like Kane before that have had the same sort of quality and failed after a season or two. I think he's a decent player, but I don't for a second think that he'll be a 30 or possibly even 20 a season player in years to come. Happy to be wrong, but I just don't see it in him.

It's not about him fluking anything, it's about opposition defenders not knowing how to play against him yet. The Premier League has had plenty of players like Kane before that have had the same sort of quality and failed after a season or two. I think he's a decent player, but I don't for a second think that he'll be a 30 or possibly even 20 a season player in years to come. Happy to be wrong, but I just don't see it in him.

Well if Man U sign him then I hope this proves to be true. It would delight me no end.

It's not about him fluking anything, it's about opposition defenders not knowing how to play against him yet. The Premier League has had plenty of players like Kane before that have had the same sort of quality and failed after a season or two.

Like.... only one I can think of is Phillips. Perhaps Cisse. Unless i've misunderstood your point.

I'm going to refrain from talking about Kane because at points last season he looked like a world beater. If he's that good he'll be one of the best in the world. The last striker to hit form like that out the blue (almost) was Cisse.

You're kidding, aren't you? Sanchez is 6 years older. Barring serious injury there's no way Sterling won't become a better player than Sanchez - who couldn't make it on the biggest stage.

How's there 'no way that Sterling won't become a better player than Sanchez'? Because you've just decided? Sanchez couldn't make it at Barcelona, neither did Ibrahimovic, nor would Sterling, it's not even a point to make.

Sterling's 20 years old and already one of the best players in the league in his position. You watch him become a better player than Sanchez.

:lol:

I still don't think I've got past the Cleverly being 'great' comment.

:lol:

I still don't think I've got past the Cleverly being 'great' comment.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!!

When have I said Cleverley was great?!