Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest neesy111

Mascherano is world class, mate.

Pip is drunk :lol:

Mascherano was in my top 4 players in the world cup.  Had a great season with barca as well.

Guest chopey

We paid a 1.6m loan fee for Chucky and he didn't even make an appearance.

But that was an obvious agent favor

Was it ever revealed why this bloke actually came

Guest firetotheworks

Bartra hinted that he might leave B'lona yesterday. It's not like we have a treasure throve of CBs...

Why hasn't he gotten games over Masch?

:lol: because Masch is better maybe?

Then why all the hype about Bartra? I've seen loads of fans say that he's a future starter but if he's 24 and he can't beat out Mascherano, who isn't that good, then there doesn't seem much hope of him ever becoming good enough to start for a team like Barca

http://replygif.net/i/523.gif

Mascherano must be doing something right considering Barca had the best defensive record in Europe last year.

Yeah, it had nothing to do with them having an attacking line beyond insanity keeping pressure of the defense.

Mascherano must be doing something right considering Barca had the best defensive record in Europe last year.

Yeah, it had nothing to do with them having an attacking line beyond insanity keeping pressure of the defense.

Obviously missed the point, i never said the rest of the team don't deserve credit but whatever.

Mascherano is great, obviously  :lol:

Thats bollocks, he wouldn't even get a start for relegation fodder like Crystal Palace.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g291/zebrahum/Cant-tell-if-serious-.jpg

Mascherano is great, obviously  :lol:

Thats bollocks, he wouldn't even get a start for relegation fodder like Crystal Palace.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g291/zebrahum/Cant-tell-if-serious-.jpg

Pretty sure that the specific reference to Crystal Palace is a subtle reference to how Pardew played Hayden Mullins and Carlton Cole ahead of Mascherano and Tevez while at West Ham.

That'sTheJoke.jpg and all that

People call him a one season wonder as though anyone could fluke what he's achieved. Kane is the real deal, hope he stays at Spurs and continues developing there.

It's not about him fluking anything, it's about opposition defenders not knowing how to play against him yet. The Premier League has had plenty of players like Kane before that have had the same sort of quality and failed after a season or two.

Like.... only one I can think of is Phillips. Perhaps Cisse. Unless i've misunderstood your point.

I'm going to refrain from talking about Kane because at points last season he looked like a world beater. If he's that good he'll be one of the best in the world. The last striker to hit form like that out the blue (almost) was Cisse.

Ireland, Michael Johnson, Beattie, Bentley, Mido, Reyes, Ricketts, Santa Cruz, Michu, Zaki, Cisse, Jelavic, Jeffers, Ashley Young, Arshavin, Gyan, Benjani.

Some are dubious, but all started well and massively nose-dived or never lived up to their potential imo. That's mainly just attacking players as well. I don't think Phillips was a flash in the pan sort of thing as well, he scored plenty over a number of seasons. Actually no he didn't...that was in the Championship. Darren Huckerby's another.

Not sure what you mean really. Some players there had a good 3 months. Mido had a career best of 11 goals in a single season lol. Some had good careers just not at the highest level. There's starting well then there's a sonic boom of performances that Kane has had.

None scored 20 PL goals at the age of 21. Closest thing was Cisse and his goalscoring came from some crazy finishes - Kane scores a number of "automatic" goals.

The big thing with Kane, is at the moment he looks extremely driven with an excellent mindstate. The only comparable youngsters you have there are Johnson & Reyes. Johnson could'nt hack it mentally at all. Reyes was just never a very top level player and the PL didn't suit him. He's gone on to have a good trophy-laden career in any case. Scored that title winning Brace for real IIRC.