Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Loved Robin van Persie since he was a Feyenoord youth player :smitten:

Has he ever done anything for Holland in knockouts of a tournament?

Not enough. This past World Cup was probably his best tournament for us in terms of end product. Still, his presence up top has been invaluable in those two World Cups regardless of lack of end product. Van Persie is a fantastic forward to lead the line and bring others into play. I do wish he could have really shone on those major occasions by scoring a few more - it could have been the difference between winning the cup or not - but I wouldn't say he had failed. He will go into the history books as our NT all time top scorer who led us into one World Cup final and one semi final.

On a personal note, I sincerely hope he will finish his career at Excelsior Rotterdam as he has always promised he would. It will signal to me that through it all he has kept the love for the game that has set him apart from others as he rose through the ranks.

Ignoring the money for a second, i think some how forgotten how good he was alongside Suarez. Wouldn't surprise me if he performs similar with Aguero tbh.

Do you remember when Bramble used to look class alongside Woodgate?

I genuinely wonder whether City actually think he's worth that kind of money or if they're engaged in some sort of cock-waving exercise whereby they just have to prove that they CAN buy a player if they decide to.

Exactly how I feel about this transfer :thup:

£50m for Sterling man :lol: Effectively guarantees the bell a starting berth too. Knew football was on the path to this ridiculousness when Darren fucking Bent went for £18m or something like that.

They're paying for English premium n all like given their total lack of HG players. Pretty much the only England player they could buy who'd move and get in their XI.

Liverpool could do a lot worse than using it on one or two players instead of piss farting about signing a raft of £7-15m types.

They're top heavy in midfield, week up front and in defence I think, there's still a pretty big imbalance.

Herrera, Carrick, fellaini, Di Maria, schweinsteiger, schneiderlin, mata, blind. That's an awful lot of competition for 2/3 spots.

Then they've got Rooney and Wilson as strikers (hernandez looks like he's away).

They've still got a bit to go to get balance I think.

They're top heavy in midfield, week up front and in defence I think, there's still a pretty big imbalance.

Herrera, Carrick, fellaini, Di Maria, schweinsteiger, schneiderlin, mata, blind. That's an awful lot of competition for 2/3 spots.

Then they've got Rooney and Wilson as strikers (hernandez looks like he's away).

Aye it's pretty perplexing that they've not strengthened in central defence yet, unless they're planning to do so. 

3 players down the spine (CB, CF, GK if De Gea's off) that are strong characters and just about the finished article and they'll challenge for the title next year IMO.

Aye it's pretty perplexing that they've not strengthened in central defence yet, unless they're planning to do so. 

3 players down the spine (CB, CF, GK if De Gea's off) that are strong characters and just about the finished article and they'll challenge for the title next year IMO.

Yep, agreed.

I've no doubt they'll get the balance needed, but they've a few to go (in and out) yet.

It depends who is available I suppose, there's a real dearth of talent at centre half these days so it might not be as straighforward as throwing money at it.  Ramos would be a great signing, obviously.  Add Lloris and Shola and they're sorted.  Would cost a fortune though, obviously.  Actually they could do worse than Remy tbh.

Whichever way it's carved up, the most expensive team in history has just had another £100m spent on it. He needs to deliver the title LVG.

Agree although it seems slightly unfair in a sense.  Them challenging next season would be enough IMO.  The squad had become a bit of a mess before LVG took over.

Chelsea's squad is more well suited to churning out enough results to win the title I think.