Other clubs' transfers

TBG

He's miles better than Pastore, who isn't that good despite what the Copa America would have people believe.

Love the way you say these things like they're fact rather than just your opinion

Edit: Di Maria is better than Pastore like but don't agree that Pastore isn't that good

I was thinking more: Marco Verratti, Thiago Motta and Blaise Matuidi

From that 3, it's Matuidi that is most similar in style to ADM but it's still unnecessary, it's still an area of strength in the side. If they are looking for a wide forward there's far better options in Reus available.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/zonal_marking/Screen%20Shot%202015-03-12%20at%2013.00.53_zpslvzdj21l.png In this formation he could easily replace Pastore but I don't think that's his best position and I think others could play that role better for the money. IMO he's best suited to the Matuidi position.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/zonal_marking/PSG-chelsea_zpsvonkluly.jpg in this formation, again he's better suited to the Matuidi position than the Lavezzi position which is the biggest weakness

He's miles better than Pastore, who isn't that good despite what the Copa America would have people believe.

Love the way you say these things like they're fact rather than just your opinion

Edit: Di Maria is better than Pastore like but don't agree that Pastore isn't that good

Not my fault that's the way you interpretated it  :laugh:

He is though IMO, his club career has been classic play 1 good game and play shit for the next 8 though.

Pastore has been nothing special at PSG, anyway. Agree fully with Mole, moments of great brilliance generally surrounded by large swaths of general nothingness.

I think Di Maria would walk into their side either in the centre or out wide. They will make room for him. Their options out wide are not really impressive at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he was played there, tbh.

I was thinking more: Marco Verratti, Thiago Motta and Blaise Matuidi

From that 3, it's Matuidi that is most similar in style to ADM but it's still unnecessary, it's still an area of strength in the side. If they are looking for a wide forward there's far better options in Reus available.

Matuidi is a powerhouse who mainly sits with Motta to protect the back 4 allowing Veratti to get forward so they are not similar in the slightest tbh. If (depending on if PSG keep their current system) there was anyone to replace it would be Veratti - despite his fantastic potential he isn't as good as Di Maria.

If they were to be a bit more adventurous they could take out Motta and have Veratti and Matuidi as the midfield 2 and allow Di Maria to play in front of them.

He can play out wide if necessary too. Pastore is a talent but definitely not on the same level as Di Maria and is replacable.

Matuidi.... sitting... what? He's an engine type player. A "shuttler". he can effectively cover the whole left side of midfield by himself in a midfield 3.. running from central to left.. similar to ADM in that regard. The type where you wonder where he gets his energy from - again similar to ADM. Both left-footed. Matuidi is more defensively focused but he's willing going forward, ADM is similar but in reverse.

Matuidi's role in the formations I picked up is the exact role although more offensively inclined that ADM played in his best spell for Madrid.

http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/zonal_marking/media/rm-barca_zpsaf3b384d.jpg.html

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/zonal_marking/PSG-chelsea_zpsvonkluly.jpg

Are these not the exact same positions? It's even more similar down to the fact they're playing behind forwards who offer zilch defensively and they have to do their defensive running for them.

And Verratti getting forward? He's a deep lying playmaker ffs. A more combative Pirlo.

TCD is right in this particularly instance, Di Maria's best position is where Matuidi plays but he brings an entirely different skillset to the role.

Also Verratti is more of a Xavi than a Pirlo IMO, he wouldn't even be compared to Pirlo if he wasn't Italian as his skillset is entirely different.

He is though IMO, his club career has been classic play 1 good game and play shit for the next 8 though.

Had a better time of it last season like. Don't think Pastore suits PSG's style though personally, he fits into Blanc's systems about as smoothly as Ben Arfa fitted into Pardew's.

TCD is right in this particularly instance, Di Maria's best position is where Matuidi plays but he brings an entirely different skillset to the role.

Also Verratti is more of a Xavi than a Pirlo IMO, he wouldn't even be compared to Pirlo if he wasn't Italian as his skillset is entirely different.

Not completely different. To play that position/role you need supreme work-rate and supreme stamina. Practically a CM and a LM. ADM is more of a dribbler while Matuidi is a runner. Matuidi is better defensively who gives it a good go going forward, ADM is the opposite. Both left footed. IN any case - it's the wide player on the opposite side which is the teams glaring weakness. ADM could play there but it's not his best position.

Agreed on Verratti, he's the skill and quick feet of Xavi and more of a similar frame. But it's still essentially the same role. Pirlo & Xavi get compared all the time as they fulfill similar functions for their teams.

This is the case in 90% of instances if we are being fair.

He is though IMO, his club career has been classic play 1 good game and play s*** for the next 8 though.

Had a better time of it last season like. Don't think Pastore suits PSG's style though personally, he fits into Blanc's systems about as smoothly as Ben Arfa fitted into Pardew's.

I agree tbf, but i'm looking at their career's as a whole. Based on last year Pastore undoubtedly had a better year.

Matuidi.... sitting... what? He's an engine type player. A "shuttler". he can effectively cover the whole left side of midfield by himself in a midfield 3.. running from central to left.. similar to ADM in that regard. The type where you wonder where he gets his energy from - again similar to ADM. Both left-footed. Matuidi is more defensively focused but he's willing going forward, ADM is similar but in reverse.

Matuidi's role in the formations I picked up is the exact role although more offensively inclined that ADM played in his best spell for Madrid.

http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/zonal_marking/media/rm-barca_zpsaf3b384d.jpg.html

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/zonal_marking/PSG-chelsea_zpsvonkluly.jpg

Are these not the exact same positions? It's even more similar down to the fact they're playing behind forwards who offer zilch defensively and they have to do their defensive running for them.

And Verratti getting forward? He's a deep lying playmaker ffs. A more combative Pirlo.

Hang on a minute, you've went from saying Matuidi and Di Maria 'are similar types of player' to saying 'in game X they started in the same position and ran in this direction'. And you talk to others about "moving the goalposts".  :lol:

In PSG's current system Matuidi and Motta are the players who are sitting back in their system with Veratti slightly ahead of them, and while Matuidi is prone to a powering run forward, he certainly isn't the kind of skillful player who can beat a man and put a fantastic ball into the area or score a screamer, so - again - what you're saying about them being similar types of player is utter bollocks and purely based on a f***ing circle with an arrow on it. :lol:

Yet another instance of TCD spouting his worthless opinion whilst never watching the team in question play and basing your entire knowledge on these so-called stats.

This is the case in 90% of instances if we are being fair.

Nope.

:lol:

With Lacazette, I always got the feeling that he would come good one day. I just don't get that feeling with N'Jie. Might be worth the risk for Spurs, but definitely can get better elsewhere.

What happened to that kid from the Ivory Coast they signed?

Never really kicked on. He scored a couple against Inter's U21s when we beat them 7-1 a couple of years back, but then we loaned him to some smaller Italian club and he pretty much disappeared. He's supposed to be back in England looking for a club. Interested?

Edit: Wiki says he's at Peterborough.

He demolished that tournament the year you signed him. Odd.