Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Imagine Palace coming in for Williamson :lol:

Would be a beautiful story.

They offer £5m, McClaren comes out and says he's not for sale at any price.

:lol:

This place would explode.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2528701/aston-villa-signing-idrissa-gueye-wants-future-big-club-move

New Aston Villa signing Idrissa Gueye has told L'Equipe he aims to use the Premier League side as a stepping stone to a big club.

After shining in Ligue 1, Senegal international Gueye now hopes to do the same in the Premier League to earn a move to one of Europe's biggest clubs.

"I wanted a change of scenery," he said. "The most important thing was to come to England to improve and aim for a big club later.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2528701/aston-villa-signing-idrissa-gueye-wants-future-big-club-move

New Aston Villa signing Idrissa Gueye has told L'Equipe he aims to use the Premier League side as a stepping stone to a big club.

After shining in Ligue 1, Senegal international Gueye now hopes to do the same in the Premier League to earn a move to one of Europe's biggest clubs.

"I wanted a change of scenery," he said. "The most important thing was to come to England to improve and aim for a big club later.

Fabian Delph likes this.

Villa fans must be fed up like :lol:

Not really. Anyone who thinks players aren't almost all like that is kidding themselves.

The only reason that is being reported at all is due to Delph's u-turn.

:lol:

I love that, rather than trying to appease the Villa fans just a little and say 'a bigger club', he doesn't. Just a 'big' club later.

Imagine Mitrovic does that though, we'd be fucking livid :lol:

Why not keep that to yourself though? These players are so dopey  :lol:

I mean there's no guarantee your even going to be good enough to make that step up.

How about focusing on the task at hand, and just enjoying that for the time being.

If you then excel then you can start that next process with your agent behind the scenes.

Why not keep that to yourself though? These players are so dopey  :lol:

Your second sentence answers the question posed in the first.

If I had my way, I'd put an end to this sort of nonsense at the other end of the scale. All that badge kissing bollocks and, worse than anything else, the "scored against you, but used to play for you, so deffo not going to celebrate" bullshit that seems to have appeared the last few years.

Incidentally, Gueye was talking about playing for one of the big clubs in Europe one day. To get there, he's going to have to do extremely well for us, which is fine by me.

We've just finished 17th. I don't think there are many Villa fans with illusions about that.

If these days the likes of Southampton - Southampton FFS - are sometimes seen as a more appealing option to the likes of us and you, that's a reflection on the crushing lack of ambition some clubs - who should really know better - show.

Imagine Palace coming in for Williamson :lol:

Would be a beautiful story.

They offer £5m, McClaren comes out and says he's not for sale at any price.

Then sells them Janmaat for £5.5m on deadline day.

Brum, I know you are trying to put on a brave face but that's not what you want to hear from a new player. Villa are a big club and should be respected accordingly.

Fair enough if you privately have bigger ambitions but there are Villa fans sitting waiting to hear from their new signings and that's just a kick in the bollocks.

Ultimately it will be forgotten about by next week but someone at the club should give him a clip round the lug, preferably one of his team mates.

According to pretty much every one in the Italian media(not just a couple of random reporters) , Vidal is going to Bayern for 35m plus bonuses.

Juve are looking at Gotze, Oscar and Draxler as replacements (seems like they feel they have enough CMs and want an AM)

Seems like this is happening, Juve DOF has said today Vidal asked for a new challenge and he'll be sold soon.

Madrid press claim that Atlético have tied up Filipe Luís' return for €16m.

Another deeply weird Chelsea signing.

It was a good signing on paper, but for some reason Mou never gave him the time of the day after spending €22m on him.