Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I think keepers are a bit overstated in terms of how many points they will earn a team in a league format. In a cup tournament they could perhaps make an unbelievable save to get you through but the difference in points Real Madrid would end up with between having a very good keeper(Navas) and an outstanding keeper(De Gea) would be little enough IMO

Our stance has been the same for a while. Why they only submitted an offer yesterday is beyond me. Real f***ed it up. If only De Gea could now see this and commit to a Pardew like contract.

De Gea wont give a toss to be fair, he'll sit on his contract and then leave for free next year.

It's Man Utd who have lost out, as they now have no transfer money and no Navas (who Real could sell to them next summer).

We haven't lost out. We really don't need the money. De Gea needs to play and play well for the Euros. We've basically kept a world class GK for another year (giving us a year to find a new keeper). Madrid haven't got their man, and the little chance they had of winning La Liga is gone.

De Gea has done nothing wrong, and will be treated as such. It's actually refreshing to see a player who wants to leave remain professional about the situation.

Don't need the money ? Doesn't man utd have a debt of nearly £1 billion ?

Get back in your car, Doc.

That Sterling fee is looking a lot more sensible now mind :lol:

I never felt it was as mental as people made out. He's a really good young player who was going to be a regular starter for years for one of the best teams in the league

I think Wenger is just too scared to buy a top striker because then the pressure will be on to challenge for the title at least now he can finish 4th and have the excuse of "there was no strikers available to improve our squad .........but just wait till next season"

I think Wenger is just too scared to buy a top striker because then the pressure will be on to challenge for the title at least now he can finish 4th and have the excuse of "there was no strikers available to improve our squad .........but just wait till next season"

To his credit, I think he was right this season. Even ManU have had to pay massively for an unknown.

To his credit, I think he was right this season. Even ManU have had to pay massively for an unknown.

Wait until next year with the new TV money. The prices for players are going to be even sillier.

Short term Real f***ed up. Medium to long term Man Utd f***ed if DDG doesn't re-sign and Navas is the keeper they want as a replacement.

Not really. Don't think Real even need De Gea. Navas was top quality for Levante. And has started the season superbly.

I think they wanted the Marquee signing. They needed a striker far more than a goalie.

There isn't that many really quality strikers around that would actually go to Arsenal like. I doubt Benzema ever even thought about leaving Real for Arsenal. Cavani maybe but I'm not sure Cavani would actually leave PSG for Arsenal. Zlatan maybe but him and Wenger have had disagreements in the past

Short term Real f***ed up. Medium to long term Man Utd f***ed if DDG doesn't re-sign and Navas is the keeper they want as a replacement.

Not really. Don't think Real even need De Gea. Navas was top quality for Levante. And has started the season superbly.

I think they wanted the Marquee signing. They needed a striker far more than a goalie.

So who did they get?