Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Was talking to my mate about this earlier today. If Leicester made a couple of brilliant signings in January and won the league (they obviously won't), it'd be just about the best thing that's ever happened to football from a purely neutral perspective. With the way the game is at the moment; this utterly repugnant money-or-nothing culture that is seeping from every orifice of the top leagues, the elitism, the general cuntishness of the favoured teams, the small-timeness of the majority of others... it would just be sensational. It wouldn't be anything like Greece spoiling their way to the European Championships in '04 - it would absolutely ransack the climate of the sport in this country.

Would LOVE to see it happen.

:thup: It would be glorious. Would show up our "can't compete with the top 6" bullshit for what it is.

Going to be fascinating to see what Leicester does in January.

They would be mad to sell Vardy and Mahrez. If they flogged them though their fees would be astronomical.

£40 million to Man Utd I reckon

For Mahrez or Vardy?

Guest firetotheworks

Was talking to my mate about this earlier today. If Leicester made a couple of brilliant signings in January and won the league (they obviously won't), it'd be just about the best thing that's ever happened to football from a purely neutral perspective. With the way the game is at the moment; this utterly repugnant money-or-nothing culture that is seeping from every orifice of the top leagues, the elitism, the general cuntishness of the favoured teams, the small-timeness of the majority of others... it would just be sensational. It wouldn't be anything like Greece spoiling their way to the European Championships in '04 - it would absolutely ransack the climate of the sport in this country.

Would LOVE to see it happen.

:thup: It would be glorious. Would show up our "can't compete with the top 6" bullshit for what it is.

It would be, but they'd just make it into a story and it would be beyond patronising. It wouldn't change their attitude towards elitism either and all their best players would be touted for bigger clubs and they'd all want to leave because the money has gone that far that to players, that's winning. Cynical as fuck thinking like that, but that's how I think it would go. I still want it to happen though.

The owners at Leicester seem pretty awesome with everything they do for their fans. Would be great to see them go 'fuck it, let's spend £80m in January'. They'd probably be able to get some great players in as they'll be in the top 2 or 3 at the start of January and could fling some money at them.

They've got to go for it like, f*** it. YOLO.

The title? Absolutely. I can't stand Vardy, but Ranieri and Mahrez are so likeable, and Lineker's twitter would be priceless. For that alone I hope they win it.

them getting a CL spot would be fucking incredible tbf, you get the impression that if they went and spent a load of money in january though it would end up upsetting the balance they've got, while on the other hand not spending they're likely to fall off the pace at some stage :dontknow:

The title? Absolutely. I can't stand Vardy, but Ranieri and Mahrez are so likeable, and Lineker's twitter would be priceless. For that alone I hope they win it.

them getting a CL spot would be f***ing incredible tbf, you get the impression that if they went and spent a load of money in january though it would end up upsetting the balance they've got, while on the other hand not spending they're likely to fall off the pace at some stage :dontknow:

Their main problem is obviously their over-reliance on Vardy and Mahrez. An injury to one or both of them would see them tumble big time IMO.

them getting a CL spot would be f***ing incredible tbf, you get the impression that if they went and spent a load of money in january though it would end up upsetting the balance they've got, while on the other hand not spending they're likely to fall off the pace at some stage :dontknow:

Their squad simply isn't big enough to cope with a couple of injuries at the minute, so for that reason alone they'll have to spend because injuries are inevitable. But, I know what you mean, they seem to have a great team spirit and work ethic so signing a couple of big-name players could upset the balance and their team ethic. They just have to be very careful to get the right characters in, someone like Cambiasso last year who bought into the whole club and became a cult hero within months, but obviously someone at their peak rather than the end of their career. If they get the right characters and quality in then a Champions League spot is achievable, which is pretty amazing really.

If Leicester's rivals for top four are Liverpool and Tottenham, they rely heavily on Coutinho and Kane and are 11 and 9 points behind Leicester, respectively. Sturridge isn't a factor anymore. Chelsea have the players but they are too far behind and in turmoil.

Leicester were lucky against Chelsea but it still looks like they've tightened up defensively compared to earlier in the season. It's unlikely they will continue with what is title winning form, but they're not far off the point where Europa league form and their headstart should still leave them ahead of Liverpool and Tottenham. Leicester would be wise to buy to consolidate their position, but it's hard to see Liverpool and Tottenham making a strong challenge without making big buys.

I would be looking to buy direct competition for Mahrez (but possibly the other flank) and a Vardy-esque Ulloa competition, both players who could slot in to their system quickly/seamlessly.

They said they aren't looking to spend in Jan, but fuck it, why not? As a player in that team, I would be looking for ambition from my club, belief we could genuinely make an upset. Try and get Champs league, at least. I'm sure it's where Ranieri sees himself.

If a club comes in offering massive money for Mahrez, then fair enough. He's young, he's improving, has a lot of quality about his game and looking a real talent.

Any club putting big money bids for Vardy are mental. I've never seen a player get overhyped as much as him. Ranieri claiming clubs couldn't afford him, anyone bidding anything more than 15 million are mental. Even at 15, i think it's a stretch for someone who is approaching 29, reliant on pace and only this year found top level form.

I hate to see any underdog winning a competition that Newcastle have entered so I hope they crash and burn.

Pure bitterness.

This for me as well :lol:

If i had to choose one side to win it, it would be Arsenal. However that takes away the real fun factor of twitter when Arsenal win, as their fans have the best meltdowns when they fuck up.

I want Leicester to win.  The Premier League has gone to shit.  Every year, you can guarantee it will be 1 of 4 teams that are going for the title, before a ball has even been kicked.  You can usually say it will be Chelsea, City or Man U to win it.  At least in recent times.  Then you usually have another 2 or 3 teams max, that have a genuine shot at the top 4.  It's boring as fuck. 

I'd like to see someone break the cycle.  No better year to do it, either.  City keep fucking up.  Arsenal always seem to come up short.  Man U look awful.  Chelsea have fallen off a cliff.  Liverpool are still all over the place with their results.  Spurs are Spurs, no doubt they'll finish 5th. 

Obviously they're doing far better than we did.  But it kind of reminds me of our 5th place season.  We also timed it well.  As Chelsea and Liverpool were crap that year. 

Fuck all that like. I want Leicester to win. Fuck the "big boys" and fuck the "we cannit compeet" twats as well. Leicester are a perfect example of how I'd like NUFC to approach football. And one of the few teams I don't actively dislike.