Other clubs' transfers

TBG

People hold footballers to a higher standard than they would themselves. If you earn good money, you wouldn't starve if you took a 20% pay cut.

But you would rarely consider taking such a pay cut anyway. If you did it would signify you have a strong desire to be at the lower paying job.

Do you really not see a difference between going from £40k a year to £32k a year and going from £125k a week to £100k a week?

I can't believe even you are that much of a cretin.

People hold footballers to a higher standard than they would themselves. If you earn good money, you wouldn't starve if you took a 20% pay cut.

But you would rarely consider taking such a pay cut anyway. If you did it would signify you have a strong desire to be at the lower paying job.

Do you really not see a difference between going from £40k a year to £32k a year and going from £125k a week to £100k a week?

If I was earning 150k a year at an amazing job I loved, I'd probably turn down a 175k offer at a shit company. At that pay, I'd probably be living pretty well.

he's not saying that at all is he?  he's just saying that footballers are generally unlikely to consider a pay cut to move to a new club as moves are generally associated with pay rises in pro football, thus to agree to take a pay cut you either want to be at that specific club or don't want to be at the current one anymore very badly