Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Not sure if I've missed something but are Palace about to spend £30+ on essentially three similar (positionally at least) left sided players in Schlupp, Van Aanholt and Brady?

Would make sense since they sold Bolaise and Papa Souare is basically wheelchair bound. Townsend doesn't play well on the LW either.

34m ago

13:16

Hi Ed Aarons here. Marcus is tucking into some well-deserved lunch so I’m taking over for the next hour or two. A few deals starting to happen with less than a week of the transfer window remaining so let’s recap a little on this morning’s progress...

Burnley had a £10m offer accepted for the Scotland international. It is understood that Middlesbrough, West Ham and Watford are now expected to match that offer

Palace have now agreed a £9m fee for Norwich City’s Robbie Brady but remain in talks over Patrick van Aanholt of Sunderland

Watford agree €16m deal with Milan for M’Baye Niang but player yet to decide

Mauro Zarate signed for Watford permanently. He's had such a weird career.

Lazio, Inter Milan and Fiorentina, as well as less glamorous clubs like QPR, West Ham and Birmingham City with a trip to Qatar and back to Argentina too.

Mauro Zarate signed for Watford permanently. He's had such a weird career.

Lazio, Inter Milan and Fiorentina, as well as less glamorous clubs like QPR, West Ham and Birmingham City with a trip to Qatar and back to Argentina too.

Vickery just said as much on Talksport.

Decided to have a look at Zarate on wikipedia, as I really didn't remember him playing for QPR. Found this.

Zárate caused controversy when he was photographed apparently giving a fascist salute while watching Lazio lose to Bari in March 2010 among a group of fans, though his spokesman claimed afterwards that the player "did not realise the significance of his gesture" and did not know who Hitler or Mussolini were.

Guest firetotheworks

The thickest person I've ever had the misfortune of meeting asked if Hitler was 'that moustache bloke' like. I can well believe it.

Palace close to agreeing a deal for midfielder Luka Milivojevic from Olympiakos for £10m.

Hopefully another that makes Townsend surplus to their requirement?

Defensive midfielder isn't he?

Know nowt about him, but meant more than Sam was clearly getting players he wants into the squad (and money already available to him), so may need to let those go that he doesn't want, i.e. Andros.