Other clubs' transfers

TBG

That PFM is looking for British and so will pay through the nose.

He benched Slimani as soon as he came in last season. Hence why he's looking to sign Deeney.

Guest neesy111

would slimani be worth a sniff for us or is he not mobile enough?

I liked him from what I saw last season, but not Rafa's type of striker imo.

Borja Bastón to Málaga for €5m. That's a steal for a young goalscorer with a proven record in La Liga.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Most reports say it is a loan move?

It is, but appallingly no loan fee.

In other news Roque Mesa in Swansea having his medical, his brother tweeting photo's of himself with Llorente and Makelele.

Amat off to Betis, another loan deal it looks like.

and of course, ignore all rumours, Siggy's going nowhere.

I see, it was reported as a transfer in early reports.

You should be able to move him on for decent money if he recaptures his form at Málaga, which are a great team for him imho.

Their (Twitter) fans were seemingly underwhelmed with him for the initial links but I think he'll be absolutely brilliant for them. Very good striker who adds a real counter option for when they're playing the bigger top 6 (they need more than that, obviously, but he can be an integral part).

arsenal should go and spaff £50m on bonucci or someone equally good and sign an utter monster (carvalho maybe) in midfield and they'd have good season if they keep sanchez in that setup

shame that's what everyone has been saying for a decade

arsenal should go and spaff £50m on bonucci or someone equally good and sign an utter monster (carvalho maybe) in midfield and they'd have good season if they keep sanchez in that setup

Completely disagree. The problem with the current Arsenal side isn't anything like what people think it is. As opposed to 5 years ago, they now drastically lack technical ball players in central midfield, attacking midfield and wide playmaker. The positionless playmakers that became Arsenal's cliche have almost completely disappeared.

Coquelin, Elneny, Xhaka, Ramsey in the centre. Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck, Iwobi as wide options.

They basically have a load of sort-of destroyers in the middle (save for Ramsey, who flatters to decieve) and speed merchants out wide. I'm not necessarily saying any of these are bad players, but they're certainly not title winning decisive players. If they were to lose Ozil their squad looks desperately lacking in this area.

Signing a world class centre back and midfield destroyer would improve them but nowhere near as much as people make out. They more clearly need an injection of flair, creativity and skill. And FWIW, there's absolutely no chance Bonucci would sign for Arsenal.

Completely disagree. The problem with the current Arsenal side isn't anything like what people think it is. As opposed to 5 years ago, they now drastically lack technical ball players in central midfield, attacking midfield and wide playmaker. The positionless playmakers that became Arsenal's cliche have almost completely disappeared.

Coquelin, Elneny, Xhaka, Ramsey in the centre. Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck, Iwobi as wide options.

They basically have a load of sort-of destroyers in the middle (save for Ramsey, who flatters to decieve) and speed merchants out wide. I'm not necessarily saying any of these are bad players, but they're certainly not title winning decisive players. If they were to lose Ozil their squad looks desperately lacking in this area.

Signing a world class centre back and midfield destroyer would improve them but nowhere near as much as people make out. They more clearly need an injection of flair, creativity and skill. And FWIW, there's absolutely no chance Bonucci would sign for Arsenal.

I agree the balance is very wrong with the players they have. But I think they need leaders and presence in different areas, namely at the back and in midfield. As you say what they have now are 'sort of' types and they need good players playing a definite role in key positions in the team then everything else can be adjusted to suit.

EDIT: and in buying lacazette they've theoretically just given themselves a very, very good outlet and consistent goal threat up top which should free sanchez to fulfill more of the creative side of things without the pressure to be main goalscorer

i think they can do something decent but not unless they add more where i've said; if they go with what they've got they'll not get much further forward

Yup :thup:

When i watched a few games at the end of the season they had f*** all creativity and skill outside of Ozil and Sanchez, they were a hard working side with lots of energy but lacked the ability and movement to actually break teams down.

They desperately need some creative players in the middle and some genuine quality out wide, they are the most un-Wenger like Arsenal side i have seen in a long, long time.

Also they need to decide what system they want to play tbh, because if they revert to 4231 they probably need a whole new midfield because they don't have a single partnership what works in that system.

The reason 343 worked for them is because it allowed to Xhaka and Ramsey to play more naturally and have an extra defender to cover them, but either way they need an injection flair like you say.

Yup :thup:

When i watched a few games at the end of the season they had fuck all creativity and skill outside of Ozil and Sanchez, they were a hard working side with lots of energy but lacked the ability and movement to actually break teams down.

They desperately need some creative players in the middle and some genuine quality out wide, they are the most un-Wenger like Arsenal side i have seen in a long, long time.

Also they need to decide what system they want to play tbh, because if they revert to 4231 they probably need a whole new midfield because they don't have a single partnership what works in that system.

see my edit about sanchez/lacazette

Lacazette will definitely help, although i think it helps Ozil more than Sanchez tbh. For the first time since probably his Madrid days he'll have someone in front of him actually making runs into space.

Having said that i don't think it's enough, i have seen them linked with Lemar from Monaco that would be good.

FWIW I think £52 million for Lacazette is absolutely mental.

I know he offers a totally different kind of skillset, and is probably the kind of player they need, but Giroud is about 5 players ahead of him in France's striking pecking order.

FWIW I think £52 million for Lacazette is absolutely mental.

I know he offers a totally different kind of skillset, but Giroud is about 5 players ahead of him in France's striking pecking order.

While i agree it's mental, i think that says more about Deschamps than it does Giroud or Lacazette. For me he's better than Giroud and fits more what Arsenal will try to do than Giroud does.

Wow Huddersfield making a real go at things, good for them, got a feeling they will be more than just cannon fodder next year:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40503864

Broke their transfer record three times in as many weeks I think!

Huddersfield Town

In

Laurent Depoitre (FC Porto) Undisclosed Details

Aaron Mooy (Man City) £8m Details

Jonas Lossl (Mainz) Loan Details

Tom Ince (Derby County) Undisclosed Details

Kasey Palmer (Chelsea) Loan Details

Danny Williams (Reading) Free Details

Steve Mounie (Montpellier) Undisclosed Details

Scott Malone (Fulham) Undisclosed Details