Other clubs' transfers

TBG

We're a bigger club than West Ham. Hands down. Yeah we've had a shit time of late but we're still a bigger club.

I live in Hull and was mocked last season by Hull City fans saying that they were a bigger club than us because they're in the Premier League. Fuck that.

West Ham are not a bigger club than us. They could be considered a more attractive prospect based on their location, but that's where it ends.

Guest firetotheworks

I couldn't disagree more, tbh. If your attraction is money and London over playing for a bigger club (anah, but in this case it's accurate) under Rafa then yeah, fair enough, but then I don't think even West Ham fans would want a player who would choose a club solely on that basis.

Guest firetotheworks

Really think people on here downplay the London factor to be honest.  Not saying it's right, but a massive factor for foreign players.

I'd agree if we didn't have one of the best managers out there as our manager.

Would love to see a club do a parody one.

Someone sitting on the toilet, with pants around their ankles, as the camera slowly pans upwards to the smiling face of Florian Lejeune curling one out.  :lol:

Maybe these elaborate ways of announcing player arrivals is what's holding us up announcing our signings?

Reckon Lejeune will be announced in a short video with a backing track of 500 Miles by The Proclaimers. The deal was agreed weeks ago but that, actually, he has indeed walked 500 miles and the end of the video sees him literally fall down at the doors of SJP.

Guest neesy111

What's going on with clubs being cute when announcing their signings all of a sudden? :lol:

My favorite's still Inler wearing a lion mask when signing for Napoli.

Social Media/PR people trying to justify their jobs.  I like the FIFA one done by Roma, that Villa WhatsApp one wants burning with Mike Ashley's vomit.

Really think people on here downplay the London factor to be honest.  Not saying it's right, but a massive factor for foreign players.

Yes it is.

Especially with us. We aren't Liverpool or Man United. We are better supported, that's it. We used to be able to afford bigger wages - not anymore. We aren't anymore likely to play in Europe or win a trophy like we used to be either. 10 years ago we were definitely a bigger club by any metric. Not anymore.

Beyond the super big clubs (i'm including Spurs and Liverpool here), there's Everton... then there's the rest that can offer similar wages. Then the others that can't compete on that front (Burnley, Brighton perhaps).

Yes it is.

Especially with us. We aren't Liverpool or Man United. We are better supported, that's it. We used to be able to afford bigger wages - not anymore. We aren't anymore likely to play in Europe or win a trophy like we used to be either. 10 years ago we were definitely a bigger club by any metric. Not anymore.

Beyond the super big clubs (i'm including Spurs and Liverpool here), there's Everton... then there's the rest that can offer similar wages. Then the others that can't compete on that front (Burnley, Brighton perhaps).

so you sell the fucking club as it should be sold and offer them an extra few grand a week over west ham or palace in order to get players to get us back to where we should be

alas fat mike and the thumb run the show

I want us to announce loads of signings at once, have them in a video shoot being shown around SJP by Monty the Magpie, then at the end Monty takes off his helmet revealing to be our key signing.

Guest firetotheworks

I want us to announce loads of signings at once, have them in a video shoot being shown around SJP by Monty the Magpie, then at the end Monty takes off his helmet revealing to be our key signing.

Copied and pasted from LiveJasmin chat

Then hockles on Kieran Gibbs' fanny and licks it up ?