Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest firetotheworks

Everton can do better for £40-50m like. They've got the likes of Baines already who can take a good set-piece. They could easily get a marquee player for that.

Now for someone like Leicester, he could possibly be worth that sort of money because he's as good as they could attract and he'd be replacing Mahrez's set-piece ability as well.

Sigurdsson has the 4th highest assist rate in Europe, and is the 3rd highest scoring midifielder in the league. I would argue that they definitely can't do better than that. His not exactly mobile, but he's a very good player who produces the goods consistently.

Everton can do better for £40-50m like. They've got the likes of Baines already who can take a good set-piece. They could easily get a marquee player for that.

Now for someone like Leicester, he could possibly be worth that sort of money because he's as good as they could attract and he'd be replacing Mahrez's set-piece ability as well.

Sigurdsson has the 4th highest assist rate in Europe, and is the 3rd highest scoring midifielder in the league. I would argue that they definitely can't do better than that. His not exactly mobile, but he's a very good player who produces the goods consistently.

Surely the fact that he is so good from set pieces is exactly why he's worth a lot of money (ok £50m is a bit much, but this transfer window is mental). It sets him apart from most of the other players in the league, as he is able to consistently score or assist from set pieces. A goal is a goal, who cares if half of them come from corners? 

Aye but you want a bit more than that for your £50m surely? Like I say, it's not as if Everton are short of good set-piece delivery themselves with Baines, Miralles and even Rooney now.

Would've liked us to have a go for Miralles. Always feel he's been a bit wasted of late at Everton and there was a chance of getting him out of there.

More than what? Someone who assists and scores loads of goals?

They've already got players capable of doing what he can do. Plus he might not have the same affect at another club who'll have different set-piece instructions. His figures have never been that good in the past have they? Swansea might have just fallen upon a set-play that suited their players and himself.

Bonucci at Juve has been uncomfortable for a while. He has had fallouts with Allegri and the ownership structure. I think him leaving Juve has been a possibility, but he also did not want to leave Italy as his young boy has been seriously ill.

Milan becoming a serious player again presents an option.

Guest firetotheworks

Why would you put chances created above actual assists though? That's crackers. He's done more with less.

I dunno if he's created only 25 from open play compared to 55 from set pieces that suggests he's not particularly the most creative player from open play.

Which was pretty obvious anyway and one of the reasons he struggled at Spurs. He's a great set piece taker and scores goals from midfield but bigger clubs will want more consistent creativity from their #10.

50M!! Christ on a bike!

Great stat about Sigurdsson by the way, the chances from set pieces one. Knocking a dead ball in for Llorente is going to be much easier than trying to hit Rooney (or Jamie Vardy).