Other clubs' transfers

TBG

All this cash for Southampton will knock us into the third tier, but we should have a good chance of a top 5 finish within that.

I'm assuming that this year's Five Year PlanTM will revolve around following the Southampton Model?

Can understand Lallana wanting to move but if I was Shaw I'd stop at So'ton another year.

Why? Already in the England setup, going to the World Cup, have an offer both financially and footballing-wise better than what you have. It's a no-brainer. He'll start for Man Utd under a new manager with better players than he was playing with at Southampton and he'll be paid 5-10 times more than he's currently being paid.

The system is broken but it doesn't mean players like Shaw should be martyrs, doing things the way die hard fans want things done. Change the system and things will happen naturally, but the forces in football right now make these moves inevitable.

s****. Liverpool are going for it aren't they.

They were always going to once they made the Champions League, and even if they hadn't they probably would have still spent big. That new owner has been backing them heavily.

Would Lallana make Liverpool's team? I doubt he'd be happy with being a rotation player

He's better than Sterling and Coutinho and more consistent. No idea though where he'd start.

Would Lallana make Liverpool's team? I doubt he'd be happy with being a rotation player

He's better than Sterling and Coutinho and more consistent. No idea though where he'd start.

He's probably more consistent than both but I think both of those players have a higher ceiling in terms of their performances than Lallana

Lallana is better than both. He's genuinely two-footed, scores from long range, takes good set pieces and works his ass off wherever he plays. He's good enough to start for Chelsea and City, nevermind Liverpool.

Not a hope he'd start for City if everybody was fit

Lallana is better than both. He's genuinely two-footed, scores from long range, takes good set pieces and works his ass off wherever he plays. He's good enough to start for Chelsea and City, nevermind Liverpool.

He is better than both, but I'm not sure he is good enough to start for Chelsea or City tbh.

What, you can actually offer for players before transfer window opens in hope of having settled pre-season. Well I never, it will never catch on with our clueless cunts at the helm

You can agree deals but obviously can't register the player. Main worry with doing that is injuries and a lot of clubs will want to wait until they have a replacement lined up themselves. Obviously that last bit doesn't concern Mike.

Can understand Lallana wanting to move but if I was Shaw I'd stop at So'ton another year.

Why? Already in the England setup, going to the World Cup, have an offer both financially and footballing-wise better than what you have. It's a no-brainer. He'll start for Man Utd under a new manager with better players than he was playing with at Southampton and he'll be paid 5-10 times more than he's currently being paid.

The system is broken but it doesn't mean players like Shaw should be martyrs, doing things the way die hard fans want things done. Change the system and things will happen naturally, but the forces in football right now make these moves inevitable.

I get all the arguments for, I just would, that is all - no real logic behind it. Particularly if it's only Man Utd showing an interest.