Other clubs' transfers

TBG

So Coutinho would've been the first £100m player, if it weren't for Neymar? :lol: :lol:

Football has completely lost the plot. Coutinho :lol:

100% with you about Coutinho, I actually think De Bruyne is a better player

Not sure why you're saying that like it's controversial.

Guest firetotheworks

Wijnaldum is good at quite a lot of things, but playmaking and setting up forwards so they are in dangerous positions isn't one of them.

Lallana is the only one they'd have who is even decent at it and that's nowhere near enough, what would happen imo in that scenario is Mane being forced to come way too deep to get the ball because the midfield isn't good enough.

I'm getting flashbacks to Ben Arfa just thinking about it :lol:

You've moved the goalposts there like. Originally you asked who would get the ball to Mane, Salah and Lallana. Wijnaldum is obviously capable of doing that, you don't need to be a playmaker or even really a creative player to be able to get it into those areas.

They're obviously going to weaken themselves by not having him in there, but I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as you'd think.

Not really i just didn't explain myself very initially with the words i used, also i disagree Wijnaldum is capable tbh. Their midfield as currently set up is nowhere near good enough, they were isolated as a front 3 against bloody Watford. They got away with it up to a point because it's Watford, but in general it's nowhere near good enough.

In general if you want to be a good team and have a quality front 3, you will need a midfielder who can make sure said front 3 can maintain pressure and not get isolated. Nobody on that team can do that without Coutinho, i personally don't think Coutinho is as good as some people think but they would obviously need to replace what he provides.

Well we'll see. I think you're looking into it far too much tbh, they've been capable of getting the ball into that front 3 with a two of Wijnaldum, Henderson, Can, Lucas etc last season, so I don't see why they wouldn't be able to this season when the likes of Lallana always like to drop deep as well. It seems pretty obvious to me that it's Liverpool's defending and goalkeeping that still needs attention more than anything.

Guest firetotheworks

Hazard's better than De Bruyne like

As an all round player he's not. Dribbling and goalscoring though, yes.

Guest chopey

So Coutinho would've been the first £100m player, if it weren't for Neymar? :lol: :lol:

Football has completely lost the plot. Coutinho :lol:

100% with you about Coutinho, I actually think De Bruyne is a better player

I've probably been misunderstood here but I thought the point people were making was that Barca were offering a vast sum of money for the best attacking midfielder in England when most think that there are better players than him in the league.

Not sure why you're saying that like it's controversial.

It has been interesting to see the reaction among LFC fans on message boards I frequent.

When Coutinho to Barca links first surfaced, almost everyone was "We will be unhappy if FSG sanctions the sale of Coutinho"

Now with the latest bid, quite a sizable portion of the fans was stunned this was rejected.

More to it than what meets the eye, IMO. I think the majority of the money would have been in add-ons.

It has been interesting to see the reaction among LFC fans on message boards I frequent.

When Coutinho to Barca links first surfaced, almost everyone was "We will be unhappy if FSG sanctions the sale of Coutinho"

Now with the latest bid, quite a sizable portion of the fans was stunned this was rejected.

More to it than what meets the eye, IMO. I think the majority of the money would have been in add-ons.

I think it would've been something like 90+30 addons.

Actually our press says it was 120+10 addons. Madness.

I'd pull out and look somewhere else.

According to the Times and Mirror it is 82 + 36 million in add ons.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/liverpool-reject-record-118m-bid-from-barcelona-for-philippe-coutinho-93bpqjv0n

In the current crazy market, I dont think LFC will sell unless the upfront money is higher than 100. I wouldn't be surprised if FSG hold out on selling completely.

I'm all for Liverpool rejecting bids tbh. Anything to reduce player and agent power is good in my book.

What's his contract situation?

Signed a new one in January hence why he's so keen leave.

Cheers both.

I'm all for Liverpool rejecting bids tbh. Anything to reduce player and agent power is good in my book.

:thup:

Whole situation is a farce.

Yup.

It's interesting to see it from this point of view after the Danny Rose/Kyle Walker stuff.

Coutinho always seemed very good player, but this is madness, only a few years ago he'd be worth £20m max. He never seemed barcalona quality either I didn't think.

£20m max for Coutinho is rough. He's clearly an inconsistent but very good footballer and with Mane the most important player in their squad. You don't score 13 and assist 8 in 31 matches in the PL if you're not a very good footballer. With that said the sum is ridiculous, but I feel like it's more a case of Liverpool really not wanting to get rid as well as knowing Barcelona can up their bid much more if they really want him that badly.

It's definitely too low now players are regularly going for around 100m, but think that for example, Eriksen, De Bruyne, David Silva, Hazard, Willian and probably a few others I think are probably better attacking midfielders in the league...it's just a bit mental that sort of price still and I kind of don't want to normalise this.

It's definitely too low now players are regularly going for around 100m, but think that for example, Eriksen, De Bruyne, David Silva, Hazard, Willian and probably a few others I think are probably better attacking midfielders in the league...it's just a bit mental that sort of price still and I kind of don't want to normalise this.

Willian? :lol: Who are these few others? He's definitely behind Hazard, Eriksen and De Bruyne, but after them there's not one other attacking midfielder I'd rather have in my team. I can see a case for Mkhitaryan but he hasn't shown enough in this league yet for me. David Silva isn't the same type of player he was a few years ago.

Willian? :lol: Who are these few others? He's definitely behind Hazard, Eriksen and De Bruyne, but after them there's not one other attacking midfielder I'd rather have in my team. I can see a case for Mkhitaryan but he hasn't shown enough in this league yet for me. David Silva isn't the same type of player he was a few years ago.

I have often made the case over the years that Silva is overrated because he often goes 6-7 games in a row without doing nothing and then 2 or 3 amazing performances.  To the point that in their primes Yaya was more impactful but he's better than Coutinho :lol:

Not having that one Flip, also City's other :lol: Silva is better too imo, it's unfashionable because he's shite in front of goal but i'd rather have Ozil too.

Thinking about it, i really struggle to understand Barca's obsession with him. But their history of signings is shite so there's that.