Clément Grenier

LRD

Ah reet, we need to up our bid.  Novel situation, wonder what will happen.

think we upped for de jong and possibly PEA, obviously not by enough though.

:lol: Worthwhile reply, cheers.

it would mean it wasn't that novel a situation.

This conversation certainly isn't a novel situation.

Guest BenArfa10

@GFN_France: Clement Grenier minutes ago: 'I haven't confirmed that (I will be staying at Lyon). You know in football things change v.quickly.' #OL #NUFC

Very encouraging if not a little tedious after what he has apparently said previously. Perhaps he was told there was no bid from us or that we hadn't made a substantial enough bid. But now maybe he recieved a text saying that the deal could or will happen. It's just that he went from saying 'nearly not leaving' to 'things change very quickly in football I never said I wouldn't be leaving'. Makes it seem like something has changed, in our favour.

@GFN_France: Clement Grenier minutes ago: 'I haven't confirmed that (I will be staying at Lyon). You know in football things change v.quickly.' #OL #NUFC

Very encouraging if not a little tedious after what he has apparently said previously. Perhaps he was told there was no bid from us or that we hadn't made a substantial enough bid. But now maybe he recieved a text saying that the deal could or will happen. It's just that he went from saying 'nearly not leaving' to 'things change very quickly in football I never said I wouldn't be leaving'. Makes it seem like something has changed, in our favour.

He's not in front of a load of Lyon fans receiving an award.

I have not confirmed (that I am staying at Lyon. You know very well that in football things happen very quickly. I cannot say anything because I do not know much about these negotiations. Like you, I read the newspapers and I saw my name being associated with Newcastle. But I do not have anymore information on that. The window closes on Friday and we will see then. But as I said, I have lots of objectives I want to achieve with Lyon and I hope to achieve my objective if making the World Cup too.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/clement-grenier-i-can-nearly-say-that-i-will-not-be-going-to-newcastle/

I have not confirmed (that I am staying at Lyon. You know very well that in football things happen very quickly. I cannot say anything because I do not know much about these negotiations. Like you, I read the newspapers and I saw my name being associated with Newcastle. But I do not have anymore information on that. The window closes on Friday and we will see then. But as I said, I have lots of objectives I want to achieve with Lyon and I hope to achieve my objective if making the World Cup too.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/clement-grenier-i-can-nearly-say-that-i-will-not-be-going-to-newcastle/

Basically the deal is on if we want it badly enough. The club will sell, the player is open to it, now it just comes down to how much we are prepared to pay for potential. From the YT clips he looks like he's got plenty of that but £11m is a lot to pay for potential. But then Ashley is supposed to like a gamble so he shouldn't be averse to taking a  punt.

He also said "Sometimes you dont have your fate in your hands".

If Lyon receives a good offer, I think he could be pushed to move.

come on then, loads of folk spouting the "just pay up and sign him " line, so, how far would you go ? if true we've upped to £11mill how far should we go on a player most of us hadn't heard of till about 10 days ago ?

Basically the deal is on if we want it badly enough. The club will sell, the player is open to it, now it just comes down to how much we are prepared to pay for potential. From the YT clips he looks like he's got plenty of that but £11m is a lot to pay for potential. But then Ashley is supposed to like a gamble so he shouldn't be averse to taking a  punt.

We'd pay for quality now and great potential.. He's a french international playing for a CL team. Not a U17.

come on then, loads of folk spouting the "just pay up and sign him " line, so, how far would you go ? if true we've upped to £11mill how far should we go on a player most of us hadn't heard of till about 10 days ago ?

http://i.imgur.com/4w4ao7H.jpg

Whatever it takes.... i'd say he's worth about 12m right now with potential to be worth a lot more.

But in the last few days of the window you don't genuinely pay what a player is worth you have to a pay a premium and if you don't then you don't get the player.

Whatever it takes.... i'd say he's worth about 12m right now with potential to be worth a lot more.

But in the last few days of the window you don't genuinely pay what a player is worth you have to a pay a premium and if you don't then you don't get the player.

like Psg had to?

:)

We'd pay for quality now and great potential.. He's a french international playing for a CL team. Not a U17.

Fair enough, you have probably seen more of him than me. But getting an international cap doesn't mean that much and in France it doesn't take much to play in the CL. Looks like a potentially exciting player though.