Clément Grenier

LRD

I cannot see us paying the 15 million, we will be lucky if aulas allows us to buy him at all after gomis fiasco.  :(

That wasn't our fault though.

I wasn't criticising the club, the deal was off due to agent fees and i think he will go to L'OM in the summer anyway.

Guest alijmitchell

Maybe it's me sitting hairs here, but I took fake bid to mean non-existent. I'm obviously aware of the zog bid, but that was the only instance of us putting in a bid that wasn't actually there right? Wasn't that some some of c***ing around specifically aimed at Wigan and whelan? Anyway, as I've said I'm sure through incompetence and miserliness that we have slapped in stupidly low bids consistently, but I put it down to penny pinching and ineptitude rather than a grand scheme to keep the fans happy. If they were interested in that, the f*** they bring in kinnear for? Fwiw, they've ridden out bigger storms than cabaye leaving. Off the top of my head, Keegan, Carroll, Hughton, Relegation and Kinnear caused more s**** than this. I get your point about fake bids being the same as s**** bids in people's minds like.

http://www.islay.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/hare-ardnave.jpg

:lol:

Kinnear is brought in for mis-direction/mis-information as well as taking some of the flak for Ashley.

I just don't buy it.

Kinnear is a functionally retarded drunk with the mis-direction/mis-information skills of a villain haunting the amusement park in a Scooby Doo episode. Ashley doesn't give a shit about flak and ascribing all of these conspiratorial qualities to his hiring is over complicating things. They're not the Machiavellian schemers some give them credit for - for if they were you wouldn't be seeing through their ruses so easily.

The simpler answer, and the one I subscribe to, is that they simply don't care.

Lyon attacking midfielder is attending the ‘Lions of Sport Award Ceremony’ tonight and was asked about the speculation regarding his future, notably the links to Premier League side Newcastle.

He had the following to say:

‘I have not got a lot to say on that subject. I am not aware of all that (Newcastle negotiations). I have lots of objectives I need to achieve this year with Lyon. I can nearly say that I will not be going to Newcastle.’

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 6m

FULL STORY: Clement Grenier: 'I can nearly say that I will not be going to Newcastle.'

I hope we just simply move on but i doubt it, cue we tried but could not get them over the line.

Not that I think he will sign but it means nothing really. As I said in the another thread I'm sure Cabaye said he wasn't going anywhere.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 6m

FULL STORY: Clement Grenier: 'I can nearly say that I will not be going to Newcastle.'

I hope we just simply move on but i doubt it, cue we tried but could not get them over the line.

I can nearly say I won't need another dump tonight but you never know.

Whilst I've nee hope that this transfer will happen, 'I can nearly say that I will not be going to Newcastle." is just another half-hearted "I'm staying" quote from a player, who would probably leave at the drop of a hat, if the situation/money is right.