Clément Grenier

LRD

I wouldn't its a disgrace that we aren't going to permanently replace our best player.

Not sure why the contract a player is on bothers you so much. The only only difference being is that we can't cash in on a loan - Surely that is something for Ashley to get upset about, not a supporter.

That said, inter Premiership club loans when you have the likes of Chelsea hording players and hoping to cash in eventually p*ss me off no end.

:lol: why wouldn't it? So we get a player for half a season to replace a permanent member of our team. yeah, class that.

Aye, it's a short term solution when we, especially now that we haven't really got much else to play for this season, need someone in for the long term. Getting Grenier in now and allow him to settle in the league for next season makes far too much sense for the idiots running us, I suppose.

Just watching the press conference clip on SSN. Man the quote sounded good in text form but if you hear him talking about it, sounded like he wanted to kill himself. Very unlikely this is happening at all.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 2 min

More from AP on Grenier (Sky,BBC, ITV):‘I have not heard if the deal is finalised or finished so it is on-going as far as I am aware.

Can I have Ryders job ? sitting in the house all day watching telly and then writing stories

Guest neesy111

Said on the Five Live sport news in the last hour that the two clubs have significantly different valuations of the player.

Quelle Surprise.

Guest bimpy474

Said on the Five Live sport news in the last hour that the two clubs have significantly different valuations of the player.

Yeah, theirs is slightly more than he's worth, and ours takes the fucking piss.

Just watching the press conference clip on SSN. Man the quote sounded good in text form but if you hear him talking about it, sounded like he wanted to kill himself. Very unlikely this is happening at all.

Then it's pretty stupid to suggest the deal is close to being finalised or finished.

Then it's pretty stupid to suggest the deal is close to being finalised or finished.

But maybe they moved the goal posts?

Pards said on SSN he's hopeful but looked like he wanted to top himself whilst saying it  :lol: Deal not dead just yet at least.

It was interesting watching his eyes divert when asked about signing someone... Not confident at all... #bodylanguagepolice

Who said that? Pardew?

The newsreader. Said our bid had been rejected. I'm not up to speed with the latest though, so this might be old news.

But maybe they moved the goal posts?

Maybe they sat down for egg and chips, who knows? I'm just going off the quote which seems a bit too specific. You'd have thought he'd just say it's ongoing or something similarly vague. Edit: actually he did say that I just read it wrong. :lol:

I'm surprised tbh

It's really strange how we seem to always significantly under-value players.  We act like there's a contract loophole when there isn't even one there. :lol:

Who said that? Pardew?

The newsreader. Said our bid had been rejected. I'm not up to speed with the latest though, so this might be old news.

BBC said that this morning so that's most likely where its from.