Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 8/02/14 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Guest n4e
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Santon isn't a defender.

He's not a central midfielder either mind!

Well he's played most of his games in defence so by that alone he's a defender and it's a position he's used to.  I would rather see players in positions which come naturally to them instead of throwing them into a position where they have to concentrate 100% on everything they do.

Loads of players like Santon have no natural position and won't settle somewhere until late. He's a young player. Keegan changed a player's position all the time. No need to be dramatic.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 

Interesting line-up from #nufc . Team news coming up soon.

:undecided:

I wonder if we've decided to throw young Armstrong in?

Throw in youngsters then blame them afterwards, sounds like a plan.

To be honest we are in a position now where if Pardew wants to take the odd risk and try something new it isn't going to kill us if it doesn't pay off.

Testing and innovation in tactics might benefit next season.

Loads of players like Santon have no natural position and won't settle somewhere until late. He's a young player. Keegan changed a player's position all the time. No need to be dramatic.

Who are these players Keegan changed?  Other than Howie, I can't think of any.  Also, we're playing one of the best teams in the league, our form is shite and whole club is in disarray.  Now isn't the time to make unnecessary team selections, unless we've worked on them in training and by that I mean for longer than a reactionary week after a derby defeat.

Santon isn't a defender.

He's not a central midfielder either mind!

Well he's played most of his games in defence so by that alone he's a defender and it's a position he's used to.  I would rather see players in positions which come naturally to them instead of throwing them into a position where they have to concentrate 100% on everything they do.

I can only think of Howey going to CH from CF and Rob Lee from Wide Right to CM.

Who else?

To be honest we are in a position now where if Pardew wants to take the odd risk and try something new it isn't going to kill us if it doesn't pay off.

It's always next season, what about this one?  If we're going to try to change our style it should be done pre-season, not during.

Guest neesy111

Santon in the middle is right.  :anguish:

No Shola though.

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

It's always next season, what about this one?  If we're going to try to change our style it should be done pre-season, not during.

What will games against Macclesfield tell us?

Pardew is righ to experiment for the remaining few months, be it trying Santon in midfield or playing a youngster or a different formation.

Obviously though that doesn't suit the anti-Pardew agenda you've got going.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Santon in the middle is right.  :anguish:

No Shola though.

Hate to say but he'll be like a  :jonas2: . We may nick one or two on the counter though