Mary FTBO - If You're Not Stowed Off....

Crumpy Gunt

Surely if you hand back the ST and/or it gets voided they couldn't chase you anyway. You're not paying and they're not providing a service.

Unfortunately it'll be similar to mobile phone contract. Even if you snap the SIM card and cancel your DD you still have to pay the money. Thankfully, it doesn't sound like they'd bother their arse chasing the money.

Surely if you hand back the ST and/or it gets voided they couldn't chase you anyway. You're not paying and they're not providing a service.

Well you've breached the contract, so technically they could take you to court over it. In practice they obviously won't though.

If he has sold the debt for cash upfront then theoretically any debt collecting firm or bank could come for that money. In the accounts, he hasn't, but technically it's possible to sell the debt on and not take the PR hit because another firm will be chasing it.

I just had a reply to my cancellation letter saying that it is not possible to cancel as the window for cancellation ended on 31st January...

I actually sent the email to them yesterday, 2nd Feb..

They're rattled.

Of course they're not, they'll have a had stock responses drafted for cancellations before and after the "small print" deadline.

That's what I was getting at Mary. The numbers could be anything in that case.

That is true but normally there'd be an accompanying letter as folk like to make a gesture/stand.

Ian W is correct, although legally entitled (if you've signed up to 10 years) to pursue for the next season money it is unlikely to happen (but I'd stress that isn't nailed on and you should always pay your debts  :angel:)

No offence but with the speed the box office works at, should they decide to chase you for money it would take them another 10 years to put their trainers on.

That's what I was getting at Mary. The numbers could be anything in that case.

That is true but normally there'd be an accompanying letter as folk like to make a gesture/stand.

Ian W is correct, although legally entitled (if you've signed up to 10 years) to pursue for the next season money it is unlikely to happen (but I'd stress that isn't nailed on and you should always pay your debts  :angel:)

No offence but with the speed the box office works at, should they decide to chase you for money it would take them another 10 years to put their trainers on.

That's what happens when you buy trainers from Sports Direct.

Just been some lad txt'd in on TS who reckons 5000 have so far not renewed. Of course, unconfirmed but Martin the Mackem shouted it down straightaway.

Aye, heard that. Yet about 10mins beforehand he said if the amount of people who'd told him they weren't renewing didn't, then the ground would be empty next season.

Radio Newcastle defo trying to play down the cancellation/non-renewal rumours, though.

Just been some lad txt'd in on TS who reckons 5000 have so far not renewed. Of course, unconfirmed but Martin the Mackem shouted it down straightaway.

Aye, heard that. Yet about 10mins beforehand he said if the amount of people who'd told him they weren't renewing didn't, then the ground would be empty next season.

Radio Newcastle defo trying to play down the cancellation/non-renewal rumours, though.

They are definitely trying to keep the club onside - probably fearful of Ashley cancelling their commentary contract.