Winnet Sports claim Glenn Hoddle linked with DOF role

Paully

I can see this being a foot in the door for him at the club,  bring him in so he has time to get to know the club then give Pardew the bullet and install him as manager.

Pardew seems to be on borrowed time now, I can't see MA appointing anyone other than the Hoddle type.  His previous appointments show that it won't be a foreign man, or someone that is doing a relatively good job somewhere else, he will go with ease and with what he sees as experience.

Im amazed that Hoddle would want to be associated with the toxic atmosphere that is at the club.

Is this still just from 'Winnetsports' or are any other, more 'credible' sources reporting it yet?

It's a load of bollocks mate, just something to talk about whilst we're not playing getting beat.

What's he been doing for the last X years anyway? He was a really good England manager, crackpottery aside

I think he was a decent manager but he screwed it all up by airing his crazy views.  His teams always played decent football and seemed well organised but I did hear he was a bit of a dick to the players.

What's he been doing for the last X years anyway? He was a really good England manager, crackpottery aside

He ran/runs a football academy in Spain for players who have been released by professional clubs, I think.

Guest reefatoon

I was reading a while back, (some player I can't remember now) saying how much respect he gained from the players in training, as he would put the ball down and do exactly what he was describing. It wasn't just a case of telling them, he would actually do it too.

Guest tollemache

I heard rumours that was part of his problem at times too - i.e; he couldn't understand why less gifted players couldn't just do the things he wanted. Possibly that's a bit harsh though. Looking from the outside, he put together about as good an England side as I've ever seen so kudos.

I was reading a while back, (some player I can't remember now) saying how much respect he gained from the players in training, as he would put the ball down and do exactly what he was describing. It wasn't just a case of telling them, he would actually do it too.

Pards does that too tbf, usually works like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUSpjZEhNU8

Guest reefatoon

I heard rumours that was part of his problem at times too - i.e; he couldn't understand why less gifted players couldn't just do the things he wanted. Possibly that's a bit harsh though. Looking from the outside, he put together about as good an England side as I've ever seen so kudos.

I could see that being true also..  The fella knew how to play football.

Pards does that too tbf, usually works like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUSpjZEhNU8

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Ask any decent long-term Chelsea fan and they credit Hoddle as the man that set the ball rolling towards success for them. Tactically the man knows his stuff and he knows how to set a team up to play decent attacking football without compromising on defence. His issues lie in man management, and that's probably why he hasn't really achieved any degree of success as a manager. As a coach he is first-class, as a manager, he is quite poor and that's why international football was so perfect for him, because its mainly a coaching job anyway.