Minutes from last nights Fan Forum meeting

Leazes1986

Why do we have to have debt within the structure?

I find it hilarious the board state that Ashleys loan is interest free and because of this the free advertising doesn't matter  :lol:

there's probably some accountancy nonsense I'm not aware of but the obvious one is keep the asking price around the £200m mark?

DP also explained that thoughts are turning to next season and that Wonga remains open to fans' ideas for 'set-piece' occasions.

:lol: Seriously? Who are we, Bolton?

Annnnnnnnd, here comes your corner, sponsored by Wonga.com. Annnnnnnnnnd it's hit the first man.

DP also explained that thoughts are turning to next season and that Wonga remains open to fans' ideas for 'set-piece' occasions.

:lol: Seriously? Who are we, Bolton?

Annnnnnnnd, here comes your corner, sponsored by Wonga.com. Annnnnnnnnnd it's hit the first man.

Will it not mean those shit flags and clappers they embarrassed us with v the mackems?

I find it hilarious the board state that Ashleys loan is interest free and because of this the free advertising doesn't matter  :lol:

there's probably some accountancy nonsense I'm not aware of but the obvious one is keep the asking price around the £200m mark?

That was the figure that he wanted when the man city owners were interested in us but he pissed them off.  :(

The recent True Faith edition, where they got a load of investigative accountants in, suggested that Sports Direct occupied roughly £25m worth of advertising space. Per annum. Btw.

Interest-free my fucking arsehole you fat cunt.

The recent True Faith edition, where they got a load of investigative accountants in, suggested that Sports Direct occupied roughly £25m worth of advertising space. Per annum. Btw.

Interest-free my f***ing arsehole you fat c***.

Exactly look at the amount of space they receive from ourselves.

It's the sports direct arena in everything but name

Interest-free my fucking arsehole you fat cunt.

That's amazingly high, have we ever raised that much before? Guess we've never written on the front of the stand or on the roof before.

VV: "This club is a bit special and if we won something, the impact would be very positive." VV also felt that winning a trophy could drive the Club's commerciality which has been clarified as an important growth area.

CF: "A lot of fans come here looking for a cup run. There is a regular discussion amongst fans at the moment - 'would you prefer to win a cup and be relegated'?"

The Club highlighted that the strength of the team selected by the manager to play Cardiff City in the FA Cup was capable of winning that game. However, as in any match, results are also influenced by performances of players on the day. The Club also referenced the result after extra-time against Manchester City in the League Cup and the chances to score which were unfortunately not taken on the night.

VV: "This club is a bit special and if we won something, the impact would be very positive." VV also felt that winning a trophy could drive the Club's commerciality which has been clarified as an important growth area.

CF: "A lot of fans come here looking for a cup run. There is a regular discussion amongst fans at the moment - 'would you prefer to win a cup and be relegated'?"

The Club highlighted that the strength of the team selected by the manager to play Cardiff City in the FA Cup was capable of winning that game. However, as in any match, results are also influenced by performances of players on the day. The Club also referenced the result after extra-time against Manchester City in the League Cup and the chances to score which were unfortunately not taken on the night.

Even the board stick the boot in on the players.

Pardew ain't going anywhere absolved of any blame there like

Cabaye and Remy missing against sunderland, Spurs, absolutely anyone in the league - the club's line is "we've got injuries, can't be expected not to get absolutely murdered with those two out"

Cabaye and Remy left out (sorry, "injured") against Cardiff and Man City - the club's line changes to "that team was easily good enough to win"

I can't see the £25m being true. It costs around £8k for 30 seconds advertising on sky, if you assume 4 home games are broadcast and it would cost the same on BBC for motd (3mins per game) then it's around £13 million worth of free exposure by plastering the advertising boards each year. I'd discount any value from people at the game based on current sentiment! Now that's benefit to SD, not money taken away from NUFC.

How much is the Wonga deal worth? The stadium advertising income must be less than that - if MAs reason is to maximise profits for SD (or his total 'group's profitability) then he would use the advertising stream with maximum impact for least cost for SD and allow a third party to pay to use other avenues. Therefore if we could get more for stadium advertising than for shirt advertising we would have SD on the front of the shirts (giving double the TV exposure) and not in the ground. I'd say its probably net nil impact for the stadium advertising to MA - lose around £10m income but gain the same in TV exposure. Now ironically the higher up the league we are and/or the better footballl we play, the more games are likely to be shown thereby increasing the value of the advertising

It matters if the reason the loans are interest free is because it's some tax dodgeing way of benefiting from the advertising space. If some unrelated company offered Ashley considerably more than any potential interest he might charge then he'd take it. No?

No way is it worth 25M.  Probably put it between 5-10m.

At best I'd have thought. The same or less than the interest rate that let's say Lerner might charge.

Ashley clearly benefits something from the arrangement, but I don't see it as an awful thing bar the shitness of the sponsor. That said the days of decent sponsors seem to be diminishing, its all investment companies and Asian betting shit these days.

It matters if the reason the loans are interest free is because it's some tax dodgeing way of benefiting from the advertising space. If some unrelated company offered Ashley considerably more than any potential interest he might charge then he'd take it. No?

I'd be surprised if we haven't had any viable offers for that space tbh

I'd be surprised if we haven't had any viable offers for that space tbh

I wouldn't, none of the truly decent money tends to go below the regular champions league clubs anymore.

VV commented that supporters are "desperate to see success", while SH added that the Club "carries the huge weight of dreams that fans have."

The board underlined that everyone in the Club aspires to do the best they possibly can to help it flourish.

---

The sound like trying to placate the whimsical wishes of a child. Fucking patronizing in both tone and content.

Mark Jankowski (MJ): "There appeared to be a lack of strategy in respect of replacing him. Fans can understand not spending unnecessarily, but what about loan deals?"

The board suggested that if it was to be self-critical, it should have had a young player who could naturally step into the squad as it aims to in all positions.

In respect of the transfer, the board explained that the Club did not want to sell the player. However, the player was adamant he wanted to leave. The Club made a substantial bid for a replacement but an agreement could not be reached with the prospective selling club. The Club also pursued other options but particular clubs were unwilling to sell. The board explained that the January window is disruptive for clubs and that there are far more options available to it in the summer window.

----

Okay, haha, wow. So straight up, baldfaced lies, again.

Fuck off, you fucking cunts.

Mark Jankowski (MJ): "There appeared to be a lack of strategy in respect of replacing him. Fans can understand not spending unnecessarily, but what about loan deals?"

The board suggested that if it was to be self-critical, it should have had a young player who could naturally step into the squad as it aims to in all positions.

In respect of the transfer, the board explained that the Club did not want to sell the player. However, the player was adamant he wanted to leave. The Club made a substantial bid for a replacement but an agreement could not be reached with the prospective selling club. The Club also pursued other options but particular clubs were unwilling to sell. The board explained that the January window is disruptive for clubs and that there are far more options available to it in the summer window.

----

Okay, haha, wow. So straight up, baldfaced lies, again.

Fuck off, you fucking cunts.

Wonder why we spent so much in January 2013 then? :lol:

Total wankers man, just making it up as they go along.