PL team of season + Bale or Neymar

Mr. Snrub

Boredom looms so what's your PL team of the season so far?  For me..

Chesney

Ivanovic Kompany Koscielny Azpilicueta

Gerrard Toure

Sturridge              Hazard

Suarez  Aguero

And a brucey bonus: who would you rather have in your side, Bale or Neymar?

Gerrard ahead of Ramsey? Not a chance.

But for the last 2 months I'd agree entirely Ronny, but Gerrard has been a driving force for Pool and complete leader. Ramsey has faded when Arsenal needed him most.

But for the last 2 months I'd agree entirely Ronny, but Gerrard has been a driving force for Pool and complete leader. Ramsey has faded when Arsenal needed him most.

Well, no. He's been injured for the last 2 1/2 months.

decided to limit myself to 2 per team max because why not, makes it a hell of a lot more difficult than it really should be.

4-2-3-1

Szczesny, Coleman, Mertesacker, Jagielka, Shaw, Fernandinho, Toure, Hazard, Oscar, Suarez, Sturridge.

as for Bale or Neymar..........probably Bale but not much difference and you wouldn't complain with either of them

Sczczeny, Coleman, Ivanovic, Kompany, Azpilicueta, Toure, Ramsey, Hazard, Lallana, Sturridge, Suarez

Subs: Mignolet, Shaw, Koscielny, Fernandinho, Gerrard, Aguero, Giroud

Bale

Well, no. He's been injured for the last 2 1/2 months.

:lol:

I'd have our starting XI we're 8th shit manager.

As for Bale and Neymar, you might be astounded but I'd probably pick Bale if it was based on current form. I obviously think Neymar has a much higher upside, but Bale has adapted better to his team and can finish a ball from anywhere while Neymar seems frustratingly low on confidence for Barcelona.

Guest palnese

Mignolet

Debuchy

Kompany

Jagielka

Shaw

Toure

Fernandinho

Ramsey

Aguero

Suarez

Hazard

Bale

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Szczezszny

Ivanovic Jagielka Koscielny Baines

Tiote          Toure

Ramsey

Suarez                            Hazard

Aguero

Guest Roger Kint

Mignolet 

Coleman Jagielka Koscielny Baines

Ramsey  Lallana  Toure

Suarez                                  Hazard

Sturridge

Chesney (though no one has really covered themselves in glory on this one)

Coleman

Jagielka

Koscielny

Azpillcueta

Lallana

Toure

Fernandinho

Ramsey

Hazard

Suarez

Mertkesacker has been better than Koscielny. How many penalties has Koscielny given away this season? And last? He's still liable to get too tight, foul his man and get sent off.

No way Mignolet is ahead of Chesney. I don't know how many points he's earned L'pool but I know he's cost them a fair few.

Chesney

Coleman Baines

Hazard Toure Ramsey

Suarez Sturridge Aguero

These are all automatic for me. The rest? Fernandinho close to being automatic. At CB Terry's been pretty solid. Maybe Distin next to him?

Overall: I think Bale is closer to playing at the very top end of his potential (last season that is) than Neymar but Neymar possibly has greater potential. Neither have been at their best this season but Bale has been better than Neymar so far. So i'll go Bale - for now.

I think part of Bale settling in better has a lot to do with Ancelotti. Ancelotti is not really a system manager he's all about the players and getting the best out of them. He'll try his best to get his best players on the pitch and getting the most out of them. Madrid are playing a system designed to get the best out of their wide forwards - Bale/Jese and Cronaldo. Neymar has come to Barcelona and gone straight into the system. They've adapted the system to get the best out of Messi and to accommodate Fabregasd, from what i've seen they haven't done the same with Neymar.

However, the outside controversy and moving continents is another reason why Neymar hasn't really hit the heights at all.

Mertkesacker has been better than Koscielny. How many penalties has Koscielny given away this season? And last? He's still liable to get too tight, foul his man and get sent off.

No way Mignolet is ahead of Chesney. I don't know how many points he's earned L'pool but I know he's cost them a fair few.

Chesney

Coleman Baines

Hazard Toure Ramsey

Suarez Sturridge Aguero

These are all automatic for me. The rest? Fernandinho close to being automatic. At CB Terry's been pretty solid. Maybe Distin next to him?

Overall: I think Bale is closer to playing at the very top end of his potential (last season that is) than Neymar but Neymar possibly has greater potential. Neither have been at their best this season but Bale has been better than Neymar so far. So i'll go Bale - for now.

I think part of Bale settling in better has a lot to do with Ancelotti. Ancelotti is not really a system manager he's all about the players and getting the best out of them. He'll try his best to get his best players on the pitch and getting the most out of them. Madrid are playing a system designed to get the best out of their wide forwards - Bale/Jese and Cronaldo. Neymar has come to Barcelona and gone straight into the system. They've adapted the system to get the best out of Messi and to accommodate Fabregasd, from what i've seen they haven't done the same with Neymar.

However, the outside controversy and moving continents is another reason why Neymar hasn't really hit the heights at all.

:thup: Agree here. When it comes to CBs I find it hard to decide, I mean the big teams have conceded their fair share of goals this season and don't think any CB has stood out the way they had in previous years. Kompany has been excellent for many games but somehow he's not good enough to cover for his weaker CB partner (whoever that ends up being) and he gets caught because of that.

As for Bale, I agree with you. Like you said, Real plays a more direct style which suits Bale and Cristiano so fantastically while Neymar played his best football this far when Messi was out and more went through him. I see what Neymar is able to do with a football for the national team and it's stuff I don't think Bale can come close to doing, but at the moment Bale is just much better adapted to Real and it's system and is playing better football. I do think Neymar made the right choice to go to Barcelona but I think his true potential will be shown when they accept that he's a direct player and Messi gets used to it. Messi sometimes just strolls a bit just looking at Neymar and not giving him an option, might be that he's cautious due to the injury but it's a shame.

Cabaye should be on the bench I reckons.

Definitely. Toure, Ramsey and Fernandinho have been the better CMs this season but Cabaye is for me top 5 without a shadow of a doubt.

Szczesny

Coleman  Cahill Terry  Shaw

Toure

Ramsey Lallana

Suarez                      Hazard

Sturridge

Subs: Mignolet, Debuchy, Koscielny, Fernandinho, Gerrard, Remy, Aguero

Bale right now but think Neymar will surpass him.