Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

All this bashing is very petty, he's still only 18, hopefully he goes away and learns how to play the game and apply the talent he has.

Harry Kane at 18 was on loan at Leyton Orient in League 1 - that's obviously an extremely successful example but I don't get all this abuse, while unlikely he'll make it at the highest level, good luck to the lad.

We've been terrible at perparing up and coming youngsters for the first team for years. If he will get starts at Coventry that will be a lot better for him than being put on to have long balls punted at his large head, but small frame, when we are chasing the game.

It's better that he gets a loan at that level at 18 than at 19 or 20 or 21 like could happen previously. Didn't we want to loan out Brad Inman to Gateshead when he was 20? Wouldn't have done him much good at all at that age.

At bit early to write Armstrong off at his current age. The kind of subs he had to make under Pards :icon_puke_r: and Carver would have made any young forward look bad.

Andy Carroll was written off by many as well when he was younger.

I'm intrigued to see how he will get on if he gets a run of games not a ten minute cameo when we are desperate for a goal and managed by carver

Coventry are awful.

They're actually improving under Mowbray, I reckon they could be playoff/promotion bound this season. Not sure Armstrong is the kind of striker they need though. I don't see him as an all out centre forward, and they already have a couple who play off the front man.

I may even make the half mile trek to the Ricoh to watch occasionally.

Good. A full season in league 1 can only do him good...provided that they use him regularly. I don´t have any faith in the 1-3 month loans we´ve been doing with our promising youngsters the last few years.

Guest Rotor900

All this bashing is very petty, he's still only 18, hopefully he goes away and learns how to play the game and apply the talent he has.

Harry Kane at 18 was on loan at Leyton Orient in League 1 - that's obviously an extremely successful example but I don't get all this abuse, while unlikely he'll make it at the highest level, good luck to the lad.

Kane looked awful at Norwich and Leicester at ages 19-20. Important for Arma to get games under his belt now. He still has time.

Coventry are short on strikers at the moment.  They only have a 32 year old Marcus Tudgay and some kid (who is listed as a midfielder or striker) on their books. 

Coventry are short on strikers at the moment.  They only have a 32 year old Marcus Tudgay and some kid (who is listed as a midfielder or striker) on their books.

They have just signed some kid who was at Tottenham too. Both he and Maddison are very highly rated and play in the role Armstrong looks most suited to.

Coventry are awful.

They're actually improving under Mowbray, I reckon they could be playoff/promotion bound this season. Not sure Armstrong is the kind of striker they need though. I don't see him as an all out centre forward, and they already have a couple who play off the front man.

Mowbray is from the Bruce Rioch school of keeping it on the floor, pass and move isn't he? Decent enough level to toughen him up at and give him 1st team experience because at present he's a long way off being ready to play in the premier league for us.

Don't know how people can write him off like. He was playing for us at 17 ffs, he has shown bits here and there and may struggle due to height but looks decent technically and has pace.

He need 2 seasons on loan at league 1 and then championship and hopefully will bring his game on.

Coventry are awful.

Mowbray is from the Bruce Rioch school of keeping it on the floor, pass and move isn't he? Decent enough level to toughen him up at and give him 1st team experience because at present he's a long way off being ready to play in the premier league for us.

Yes,I agree 100%

I'm surprised at some of the negative comments. Given his age he looks like he has loads of potential and a loan move to a Championship club is exactly what he needs. Assuming he gets a run of games of course.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm surprised at some of the negative comments. Given his age he looks like he has loads of potential and a loan move to a Championship club is exactly what he needs. Assuming he gets a run of games of course.

He hasnt gone to the Championship