Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

Newcastle reject approaches for England U18 striker Adam Armstrong with Siem de Jong out until January

Newcastle want to keep hold of England U18 striker Adam Armstrong following Siem de Jong's injury

Championship clubs made enquiries about taking 17-year-old prospect Armstrong on loan next week

Newcastle remain reluctant to let him go with de Jong out until January

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2747228/Newcastle-reject-approaches-England-U18-striker-Adam-Armstrong-Siem-Jong-January.html#ixzz3CftPEmou

Yeah saw that posted the other day. Yet another reason Pardew and the whole coaching set up need removing. Yet another example of poor planning so Armstrong will now suffer staying at Newcastle and never getting games when he should be cutting his teeth getting experience in the Championship or League one.

Makes me sick to the stomach the way our youngsters are treated. Now firstly, it might well be that the likes of Campbell, Ameobi, Streete were never to have made it at the premiership level. I am not so much lambasting our set up as to how they have turned out, although Vuckic might argue. However its the no end of bigging the youngsters up, thrusting them into the limelight then taking it away from them and then keeping them around the club to regress. Worse still the next year they are forgotten and the next crop is bigged up like the previous never existed. We are yet to see what becomes of Aarons. He certainly looks a class about Ameobi and Ferguson but both had similar effects when they broke into the team.

I really can't see Armstrong getting the chances to impress, injury problems at the club included. Best thing is to loan him out with a recall option if we honest are down to the bare bones. Training with our seniors is great and all for him but not so much our coaches.

Riviere

Cisse - injured

Ferreyra - not rated? awol?

Ayoze

Arma

Unless we've already given up on Ferreyra within a couple of months, we should let Arma go on loan while he's still flavour of the month, lifted by his U18 appearances and those Championship clubs think of him as a genuine option. Makes little sense to keep him here 'just in case' when he's far down the hierarchy

It would be a bit chaotic though, wouldn't it? What would you have, absolutely nobody in the youth or development squads, just a bloke whose job it is to keep track of all the players on loan everywhere? Then players suddenly been pulled back from loan all the time whenever someone was injured?

I'll never understand why players are kept as a fall back, loan them out and recall if needed is surely the answer?

Too much sense in the post :)

By the sounds of it he is a wanted player, all we do is tell Championship clubs if they want him they accept a recall clause, surely this kind of thing is not out of the ordinary, the player gets some first team action and the club are protected if an injury arises...

I'll never understand why players are kept as a fall back, loan them out and recall if needed is surely the answer?

I'd imagine it's hard to convince lower league clubs to agree to them though. I guess they get a certain number of loans to use a season, if they agree a 3 month loan deal then 2 weeks in to that, they lose him because Perez gets injured or whatever, they're fucked.

• 3 weeks later...

A good leader, a smart leader, a dignified one with respect - would use this as an opportunity to praise Adam Armstong, Paul Dummett and talk about them being youth local boys and big them up 100% and not mention himself.

Not this self centered piece of shit.