Southampton vs. Newcastle United, Saturday 29/03/14 @ 3pm (Not on TV)

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Find it really strange how Wullie has constantly defended Cisse for the last 18 months but Gouffran has a shocker in one game so shouldn't be in the side :lol:

To be fair to Wullie, Gouffran has had more than one shocker.  Personally, I'd rather see Gouffran through the middle with Cisse on the bench.

Find it really strange how Wullie has constantly defended Cisse for the last 18 months but Gouffran has a shocker in one game so shouldn't be in the side :lol:

To be fair to Wullie, Gouffran has had more than one shocker.  Personally, I'd rather see Gouffran through the middle with Cisse on the bench.

I just don't understand how angry he has been since the last game when Cisse has had many, many more shockers since that initial run but he will defend him to the death.

As you say Gouffran has been played out of (his best) position. It is amazing how he has gone from player of the season a few months ago to a fraud and absolute shit now.

Gouffran is a good player who usually works very hard, but he will naturally get tired the amount of games he plays and the job he is wrongly given to do. He will have shockers the same as any forward who is asked to babysit a full back for most of the game.

I just don't understand how angry he has been since the last game when Cisse has had many, many more shockers since that initial run but he will defend him to the death.

As you say Gouffran has been played out of (his best) position. It is amazing how he has gone from player of the season a few months ago to a fraud and absolute s*** now.

Gouffran is a good player who usually works very hard, but he will naturally get tired the amount of games he plays and the job he is wrongly given to do. He will have shockers the same as any forward who is asked to babysit a full back for most of the game.

I'm on the fence with this one as I agree with bits of what both of you are saying.

There's wide and there's pardew wide wide. Ben Arfa and Gouffran are ineffective starting from the half way line at the extremes, but both (gouffran less so admitably) should be fine in a front 3 with license to be fluid. The problem comes when we're asking Gouff and Ben Arfa to receive the ball deep and then somehow get the ball all the way to the goal by themselves, when they should be receiving the ball further up the pitch (from the kind of passing we lack now Cabaye is gone) and then getting into the box with the help of other players who can pass the ball too.

Personally Gouff was awful last few but upfront maybe.

Gouffran doesn't convince me either that he's a natural striker, but he at least deserves a run up front, all the better if it's alongside Cisse with Ben Arfa hovering around as well. We might actually see some goal threat.

Amazed that you're having a dig at somebody who has stuck up for Cisse like.

Why do all commentators always comment on us being an "attacking side" we haven't been since Pardwho took over.

They look at our goals against record and conclude that we're definitely not a defensive side.