Pre-Season 2014

joeyt

I've heard a whisper that the squad are booked in to the Fota Island Hotel in Co.Cork in either late June or early July. The week after the Irish Open Golf.

If any games are planned it could either be Cork City or Cobh Ramblers but heard nothing of such a nature. It will be the middle of the Irish League season.  Probably just a training camp though..

http://www.fotaisland.ie/Fota-Island-Training-Facility

(I wouldn't book nowt  yet mind!)

friendlies vs english sides in the middle of the season happen all the time for league of ireland teams, clubs need the cash.

Dunedin, now there is a hotbed of football.

Fair play, to a club that uses tiredness as an excuse whenever possible, to travel to a city that is possibly further away from Newcastle than any other too. Some going that.

Fair play, to a club that uses tiredness as an excuse whenever possible, to travel to a city that is possibly further away from Newcastle than any other too. Some going that.

Probably the best place for it tbh, it's the best stadium for soccer in the country as it's rectangle and it's indoors as well, which will be handy since it will the middle of winter here.

Would like to see Pardew re-enact the final scenes of Denethor, Steward of Gondor.

A message to all NUFC fans travelling to New Zealand: BRING WOOD AND OIL.

I'm thinking more along the lines of something out of Once Were Warriors.

Probably the best place for it tbh, it's the best stadium for soccer in the country as it's rectangle and it's indoors as well, which will be handy since it will the middle of winter here.

Would like to see Pardew re-enact the final scenes of Denethor, Steward of Gondor.

A message to all NUFC fans travelling to New Zealand: BRING WOOD AND OIL.

I'm thinking more along the lines of something out of Once Were Warriors.

Nice bit of cold weather training to loosen up those muscles :lol:

Pardew and Fat Sam spending the summer together discussing their football philosophy in the hotel bars of Germany and NZ. Next season is going to be great :anguish:

Probably be trading stories about how deluded and ungrateful the Geordies are.

So we're playing West Ham twice in the same pre season? f*** that :lol:

Not playing them in NZ

Feels like we should. Like when I was younger - the joy at finding out your mate was going on holiday to the same place so you'd make a big effort to meet up, even though you'd see him in a few days anyway.

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFC 45s

PRE-SEASON: #NUFC will travel to the VELTINS-Arena - home of @s04 - for a four-team tournament in August 2014. pic.twitter.com/BVuq60XorP

Us, Schalke, Malaga and a 4th team to be confirmed :notbad:

Incase this helps anyone here:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,95254.msg4982784.html#msg4982784

Booked. Flights to Amsterdam and back (Fri and Mon). Overnight stay at Schipol due to late arrival. Train next morning to Duisburg where i'll stay 2 nights. Next door to Gelsenkirchen seemingly. Came to about £185 each but i'll have to pay for train between Amsterdam and Duisburg on top of that. About 38 euros return each as far as i can tell. Thought we'd stay near Gelsenkirchen and not in it. Not sure how the mix of fans will go.

I did Duisburg - Amsterdam last month by train. Takes about 2 hours. If there are more than 4 of you you can get a group ticket - however that came to like 16 euros single so maybe you've already looked at that. You should go and see a Duisburg game! Highly recommended, I go every year with a load of mates and have a great laugh :)

http://i.imgur.com/Bt0h8Dp.jpg

I've heard Gelsenkirchen is a shitehole - we stayed in Dortmund at A&O hauptbahnhof - a sort of hostel-cum-hotel for about 20 euros a night (again good for groups). 30 minute train journey to Schalke and you get free match-day travel with any football ticket!

If you can face a 45 minute train ride (flies by with a few beers) I'd highly recommend staying in Dusseldorf. Absolutely cracking night out, Altstadt has the highest concentration of bars/clubs/restaurants in Europe (they say). There is an A&O hostel there too.

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking "Football United" is the expression that my non-football fan friends use to take the piss out of football. What a thoroughly shit name.

• 2 weeks later...