Pre-Season 2014

joeyt

https://www2.tickets-aufschalke.de/Spieltage.aspx?spielserie=KENTARO

Can anyone read German? The website was originally in English, but once I've clicked on tickets it has changed to German. On sale mega early!!

I'm booking my flights within the next few days. Flying to Amsterdam from Newcastle (Fri-Mon) for £101 return, train is approx £50 to Dusseldorf, then got a 4 star hotel for £76PP based on 4 of us sharing for 3 nights with free cancellation just incase.

I recently travelled from Dusseldorf to Amsterdam and got a group ticket. Was £16 each for 8 of us (I think you buy it in 5's). Should work the other way around - but you shouldn't have to pay £50, just go to the desk.

Group travel in Germany is where it's at, saved hundreds of euros over the years. "Schone-tag ticket".

Cheers.

I will look into it nearer the time, just wish our trains in the UK were similar prices! Struggle to get to bloody York for £20 and that's only down the road.

Can anyone read German? The website was originally in English, but once I've clicked on tickets it has changed to German. On sale mega early!!

I'm booking my flights within the next few days. Flying to Amsterdam from Newcastle (Fri-Mon) for £101 return, train is approx £50 to Dusseldorf, then got a 4 star hotel for £76PP based on 4 of us sharing for 3 nights with free cancellation just incase.

I recently travelled from Dusseldorf to Amsterdam and got a group ticket. Was £16 each for 8 of us (I think you buy it in 5's). Should work the other way around - but you shouldn't have to pay £50, just go to the desk.

Group travel in Germany is where it's at, saved hundreds of euros over the years. "Schone-tag ticket".

Cheers.

I will look into it nearer the time, just wish our trains in the UK were similar prices! Struggle to get to bloody York for £20 and that's only down the road.

:lol: Tell me about it. I got from Dusseldorf->Amsterdam (3 trains) for the same price as it took me to get to work (Glasgow->Edinburgh) each day. Was so bad I ended up moving so now they get nothing, the bastards.

Seems like you have to register on the website

Guest Spark

West Ham confirmed as the 4th team in Schalke Cup.

For fuck's sake. Was hoping for someone more interesting.

All booked for this, getting the mega bus to London and flying from Stansted, £50 return, getting there on the friday morning, booked into the inner city hotel for 3 nights, cant wait!

Not getting a proper holiday this year so thought this would be a cheaper option + never been to Germany  :D

West Ham confirmed as the 4th team in Schalke Cup.

"We will be facing top-quality opposition and hopefully it will form part of a successful pre-season for us ahead of the 2014/15 season.

:serious:

All booked for this, getting the mega bus to London and flying from Stansted, £50 return, getting there on the friday morning, booked into the inner city hotel for 3 nights, cant wait!

Not getting a proper holiday this year so thought this would be a cheaper option + never been to Germany  :D

I feel for you. The Megabus is horrific!

Assumed it would be tbh, but its cheap and should be worth it.

Probably not so bad going when you've got the rest of the trip to look forward to. It's the coming back that's a struggle.

I think it's decent for Maybe Leeds/Manchester, for the same price as i'd pay for a taxi into the town, £7 or so.

I've heard a whisper that the squad are booked in to the Fota Island Hotel in Co.Cork in either late June or early July. The week after the Irish Open Golf.

If any games are planned it could either be Cork City or Cobh Ramblers but heard nothing of such a nature. It will be the middle of the Irish League season.  Probably just a training camp though..

http://www.fotaisland.ie/Fota-Island-Training-Facility

(I wouldn't book nowt  yet mind!)

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed fixtures for the Football United Tour 2014 are as follows:

// Newcastle United v Sydney FC, Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin, Tuesday 22nd July, 7.30pm NZST

// Wellington Phoenix v West Ham United, Eden Park, Auckland, Wednesday 23rd July, 7.30pm NZST

// Sydney FC v West Ham United and Wellington Phoenix v Newcastle United, Westpac Stadium Wellington, Saturday 26th July. Kick-off times to be confirmed.