Pre-Season 2014

joeyt

Cool, might try to go to this.

Dear god why? End of May can't come soon enough, with the faint hope of Armageddon midst season to put us out of our f***ing misery.

I've never seen Newcastle play and this is fairly easy to get to. I had wanted to go to a game in Newcastle this season, but can't be bothered now. I'm completely sick of this season, but perhaps we will have some (false) hope to get excited about for next season. Maybe. I just want to see a game once. I almost wish I was just 'casual' fan so I could just watch a game without having to worry about what the owner or manger is doing, or any of this other shit. 

:lol: Couldn't give the slightest f*** about that like.

As harsh as it sounds. The same. Even less with the World Cup. Happy as fuck that the World Cup is this summer so you don't have to bother with any silly season shit.

I see it as a good reason to go to Germany and watch Schalke at their ground ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday night ferry to Amsterdam - be no more than £80 return PP

Friday dinner time train to Gelsenkirchen - £48 return PP (takes 4 hours)

Monday morning train back to Amsterdam

Monday tea time ferry back to Newcastle

I'm certainly tempted! Nice week off work getting p*ssed, new place to visit, beautiful stadium and 4 football matches to watch.

Not easier just paying £20 more and flying to Amsterdam saving on the ferry and possible delays?

Edit: Also is that not the bus price/times? Site i looked at said no train prices are up til 90 days rpior and that buses took 4 hours.

That was me being a biff aye and looking at the bus. The train takes 2hr30

Cool, might try to go to this.

Dear god why? End of May can't come soon enough, with the faint hope of Armageddon midst season to put us out of our f***ing misery.

I've never seen Newcastle play and this is fairly easy to get to. I had wanted to go to a game in Newcastle this season, but can't be bothered now. I'm completely sick of this season, but perhaps we will have some (false) hope to get excited about for next season. Maybe. I just want to see a game once. I almost wish I was just 'casual' fan so I could just watch a game without having to worry about what the owner or manger is doing, or any of this other s***. 

fair play mate, enjoy :)

Well you know what I mean. (Its not too late for you to save yourself years of misery by the sounds of it...get out, get out now!)

Partridge.gif

As if it'll be anything other than the usual calamitous affair: Tiote's new CM partner will be stuck in Botswana pending the resolution of VISA issues, Shola will score 3 in the tournament (2 tap-ins and a penalty) and cement his starting spot for the first five games of the season (the placatory signing of a new striker will be needlessly late to save Ashley £50k, and he'll only secure a starting spot by October) and the team won't display a semblance of fitness/sharpness until mid-November, by which point they'll have to contend with working under Pardew's "tactics" - who, incidentally, by that point will be saying they're all energyless.

Guest Roger Kint

Thursday night ferry to Amsterdam - be no more than £80 return PP

Friday dinner time train to Gelsenkirchen - £48 return PP (takes 4 hours)

Monday morning train back to Amsterdam

Monday tea time ferry back to Newcastle

I'm certainly tempted! Nice week off work getting p*ssed, new place to visit, beautiful stadium and 4 football matches to watch.

Not easier just paying £20 more and flying to Amsterdam saving on the ferry and possible delays?

Edit: Also is that not the bus price/times? Site i looked at said no train prices are up til 90 days rpior and that buses took 4 hours.

That was me being a biff aye and looking at the bus. The train takes 2hr30

Only as i made the same error on first viewing :lol:

£70 from Gatwick direct to Dusseldorf mind, assuming Gelsenkirchen is a shithole so people will be staying there?

Guest hydeous

Ah, this is good news! 4 hours away from where I am at. Maybe I'll be able to go for my first Newcastle game! Also, since it's a friendly, it might mean less disappointment than this season has been anyway!

:lol: Couldn't give the slightest f*** about that like.

As harsh as it sounds. The same. Even less with the World Cup. Happy as f*** that the World Cup is this summer so you don't have to bother with any silly season s***.

I see it as a good reason to go to Germany and watch Schalke at their ground ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's absolutely fair enough, I just hope to have had enough of football by the end of the World Cup so I don't have to give a toss about our pre-season and silly season. Unless Pardew is sacked, because then I'm booking a trip to Gelsenkirchen.

Guest palnese

I went with a few lads to Majorca for the pre-season when Keegan was in charge, no-one cares about the football it's just about the trip.

:snod:

I went to the Hertha Berlin game. Smith and Shola up front :lol:

I went with a few lads to Majorca for the pre-season when Keegan was in charge, no-one cares about the football it's just about the trip.

That sounds so fucking terrible for someone like me who cares more about the football than anything else. :lol: Imagine going to Berlin to watch a bit of Newcastle and then see Smith and Shola up front. I'd leave the stadium and swim back to Sweden.

https://www2.tickets-aufschalke.de/Spieltage.aspx?spielserie=KENTARO

Can anyone read German? The website was originally in English, but once I've clicked on tickets it has changed to German. On sale mega early!!

I'm booking my flights within the next few days. Flying to Amsterdam from Newcastle (Fri-Mon) for £101 return, train is approx £50 to Dusseldorf, then got a 4 star hotel for £76PP based on 4 of us sharing for 3 nights with free cancellation just incase.

Can anyone read German? The website was originally in English, but once I've clicked on tickets it has changed to German. On sale mega early!!

I'm booking my flights within the next few days. Flying to Amsterdam from Newcastle (Fri-Mon) for £101 return, train is approx £50 to Dusseldorf, then got a 4 star hotel for £76PP based on 4 of us sharing for 3 nights with free cancellation just incase.

Download Chrome, it has auto-translate.

That's proper tempting me now, would love another day in Amsterdam too.

That sounds so fucking terrible for someone like me who cares more about the football than anything else. :lol: Imagine going to Berlin to watch a bit of Newcastle and then see Smith and Shola up front. I'd leave the stadium and swim back to Sweden.

:lol: :lol:

Another potential pre-season trophy up for grabs  :frantic:, The size of that trophy we won against deportivo was ridiculous though. Herrera i think it was called.

Teresa Herrera trophy :lol: Probably the biggest trophy a lot of fans will have seen us win :okay:

Guest Roger Kint

Booked return flights Leeds to Dusseldorf, out Friday back Monday for 130 quid. Happy days

:lol: Didnt even try Leeds out of about 10 airports/routes, am tempted with this now a few mates are likely to be going too.

I recently travelled from Dusseldorf to Amsterdam and got a group ticket. Was £16 each for 8 of us (I think you buy it in 5's). Should work the other way around - but you shouldn't have to pay £50, just go to the desk.

Group travel in Germany is where it's at, saved hundreds of euros over the years. "Schone-tag ticket".