If you care about the club - don't attend the Swansea game

Tsunami
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giving him your money then not going seems a bit weird tbh.

I've already given him mine so can't do anything in that respect, I can still decide not to go against Swansea.

I was more on about the fact he's signed up for next season really.  Give him another 500 quid for next year but don't turn up to one of our remaining games.  Bit odd.

This season is bought and paid for so in a monetary sense it doesn't matter if I'm there or not. The only possible reason for going to either of the last 2 games is to hear to crowd turn. Like properly turn it on and give the t***s hell, proper venom like we gave other failing managers. To hear the crowd vocally abuse this t*** would be the highlight of the season for me. I want him hung out to dry and publicly embarrassed like the c*** he is. 

This would be great but for some reason people turning on Pardew is not happening?!!

I'm not sure why but it seems a fair few are incapable of seeing that both Ashley and Pardew are culpable.  It's either the owner at fault or the manager.  Bizarre.

:clap:

It genuinely staggers me.

Yes, this is precisely it. I've been so confused by certain NUFC fans' opinion about the state of the club and this is the crux of it. How certain people haven't cottoned onto the fact that Pardew is in on the whole thing, never mind equally 'culpable'... it's just beyond me. They're both cut from the same cloth and/or Pardew has such little integrity that he won't stand up to the shite that goes on above him. The evidence is right there in front of you.

Quite happy to do this btw. I'm getting absolutely zero from the games these days. No enjoyment, no entertainment, no pleasure it's become a chore. I attend out of a misguided sense of loyalty to people who don't give the first f*** about the club. It's become a waste of a day and it's why I'm 100% sure I've made the right decision in jacking it next season. The c*** in the dugout has sapped any passion I once had for following this club.

They can all get f***ed.

Never have I looked forward to a game less than today.  Like you say it has become a waste of a day as its zero enjoyment.  It's not the getting beat that's the issue it's the way we are getting beat.  Decision to be made whether I write off £100 and just cancel my DD.

Matchday income accounts for less than a third of the club's annual turnover. Ashley couldn't give a f*** if we don't turn up.

Sky not picking us for games because of empty stadiums/damaging the "PL brand" will be another bit of turnover and devaluing the goodwill of the club (decreasing the worth of the club) might make a dent.

Not being able to attract players who can keep us in the category of "surviving" might help too. It's a small start, sure, but if such an idea ever happened - there's a chance (remote or not) it could snowball IMO.

I think its in the contract they have to show a certain amount of games for each club. And lord knows empty stadiums didn't harm Wigans standing with the prem its viewing figures they care about not bums on seats.

Are you comparing Wigan with NUFC...??

Quite happy to do this btw. I'm getting absolutely zero from the games these days. No enjoyment, no entertainment, no pleasure it's become a chore. I attend out of a misguided sense of loyalty to people who don't give the first f*** about the club. It's become a waste of a day and it's why I'm 100% sure I've made the right decision in jacking it next season. The c*** in the dugout has sapped any passion I once had for following this club.

They can all get f***ed.

My Dad's pretty much got the same opinion as you but passed up the opportunity to not renew for next season. I just don't get it.

I know it sounds daft but I went to the game today and unusually I got there about an hour early. Outside and in the concourses I was eavesdropping and heard umpteen different foreign accents from people who seemed excited to be here at a Newcastle match. I remember that feeling, ive felt it so many times in my life but at that moment I felt so bad because its been gone for a long long time. Here was I, a lifelong fan turning up to see us play Man United and I felt nothing. I knew we'd get hammered but I couldn't give a f*** and to be honest merely attending the match was a massive chore. It really made me think as I sat there in a three quarters empty stadium about why I and thousands of others still go and will continue to years after we should really have stopped. Then I looked around at the vastness and magnificence of the place and memories of the past flooded back, of the good times, and the not so good times but at least then we always had hope that better was just around the corner, a mere managerial change away and right then those deep down locked away feelings were stirred in me. The ones that make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end; the ones that make you stand there and look at a packed SJP while local hero is playing, and think 'f***ing yes, this is my club, a proper, proper football club, there's no place in the world I'd rather be right now'. You know what I'm on about and I guess its these very feelings that keep people like your dad going and going despite everything.

I'm sure you mean what you say and it sounds good, but basically its just an excuse to avoid taking action which would put a spotlight on the problems at SJP - Ashley will relish your comments more than many fellow fans.

No Pain - No gain....as long as you are prepared to put up with 3rd rate crap, Ashley will keep dishing it up via a manager who is a joke and a team rapidly becoming the laughing stock of football.

I don't get the 'I've already paid' so I've got a decision to make argument at all. Paid for what? A few more pointless trips to the town? A few more afternoons having a pint with your mates? You can do that without going to the ground and being part of the problem.

If you'd already paid for a minor operation on private healthcare and your doctor told you the test results came back fine and it was no longer necessary, would you still get the local anaesthetic and let them cut you just because the money's left your account?

Walk away, man.

What I really dont get it is how there are people out there willing to stand up for the club, and so many on here or on the streets debate the merits of the specific idea instead of getting up off their asses and doing something.

Why cant we support every single idea that has enthusiastic folk behind it? Yes it may not be the best idea, yes it may not hurt Ashely the most of all the ideas, but support them all. Every single one of them.

We need to unite as groups regardless of which fans forum, fanzine, forum, blog came up with the idea. Regardless if they mis-spell boycoutt, organise an open bus, or decide to stop buying anything at the stadium.

Lets give them all a massive pat on the back for doing something and then get behind them all.

Always go and stay till the end, but I'd be up for this and I think it'd be an easy match to get support for shunning. At 2:30 on Saturday just as we were about to head to the ground one of us said "Fuck it, should we just stay here and watch it in the pub?" and it seemed a very tempting proposition.

Been saying this for a while, this season is the perfect chance not to turn up. Nowt to play for and the players have given up anyway. Only way to send a statement is to vote with your feet.

It won't happen though as too many of us see it as our day out and supporting the badge not the regime. The same supporters who have seen us win fuck all for decades throughout constant changes in players, coach's, managers and owners. Only one common denominator with the plight of our club throughout the years, the fans. Time to make a stand or get used to this for the next 50 years.

I'm not from the area nor do I live there, so correct me if you think I'm wrong.

I get the sense that the key to get any sort of movement going is to get the media on-board. The wider public are still influenced by them to a larger degree than us, it seems. It's only now that they're asking questions regarding Pardew's ability that the broad opinion is turning.

If The Chronicle, Journal etc. all encouraged some sort of protest, boycott or stand-out, I'm sure it would acquire much more substance than if it is the irrational and sometimes uncoordinated groups (MAOC etc.).

I starting to really miss Newcastle United. I've dedicated more time, heart and energy to this club than anything else in life. I don't know why, it just turned out that way. I was going to school in my Newcastle top when I was 8. I have barely missed a game since I was 13, I'm now 26. I've sat in front of every shitty stream, bought every overly-expensive cable package, read every feed and downloaded every summary of every game. Read every match-report and as time went on, written about every little occurance at the club. I've been to home games and away games in the Premier League and in the Championship.

But as things stand, I cannot see myself even watching next season. There's no point whatsoever, like many others I don't celebrate goals nor do I feel sorry when we ship them anymore.

Watching this imitation of the club is cause of too much pain. Yesterday's statement was another confirmation of the death of the club I knew. We need it back.

What I really dont get it is how there are people out there willing to stand up for the club, and so many on here or on the streets debate the merits of the specific idea instead of getting up off their asses and doing something.

Why cant we support every single idea that has enthusiastic folk behind it? Yes it may not be the best idea, yes it may not hurt Ashely the most of all the ideas, but support them all. Every single one of them.

We need to unite as groups regardless of which fans forum, fanzine, forum, blog came up with the idea. Regardless if they mis-spell boycoutt, organise an open bus, or decide to stop buying anything at the stadium.

Lets give them all a massive pat on the back for doing something and then get behind them all.

The challenge as I see it is with our fanbase being so fragmented it's hard to get agreement on anything. The problem is further compounded by certain egos who seem to see protests as a legitimate opportunity for shameless self-promotion. It's ok in theory everyone agreeing to follow every protest but then Wraith pipes up with 'lets have a mock funeral for the stadium. And I will be the priest.' And everyone goes no thanks mate think I'll leave that and the disagreements start again.

Fwiw I think the open-top bus was a good idea and would have looked a lot better with just a few more bodies involved. On the other hand others found it cringey and you can't force people to join in.

So in short I don't know what the answer is.

The challenge as I see it is with our fanbase being so fragmented it's hard to get agreement on anything. The problem is further compounded by certain egos who seem to see protests as a legitimate opportunity for shameless self-promotion. It's ok in theory everyone agreeing to follow every protest but then Wraith pipes up with 'lets have a mock funeral for the stadium. And I will be the priest.' And everyone goes no thanks mate think I'll leave that and the disagreements start again.

Fwiw I think the open-top bus was a good idea and would have looked a lot better with just a few more bodies involved. On the other hand others found it cringey and you can't force people to join in.

Good summation, unfortunately.

Well said :thup:

Like Man United, Ashley will probably prefer the hardcore fans to be replaced by families/happy clappers who spend in the bars/shop as well as on tickets anyway.

We don't have the Manchester United Pull though.

We aren't going to attract that many tourists fans are we?

Neither are they anymore in the same numbers if Saturday was anything to go by, there were loads of empty seats in their end and there usually never are.

I don't get the 'I've already paid' so I've got a decision to make argument at all. Paid for what? A few more pointless trips to the town? A few more afternoons having a pint with your mates? You can do that without going to the ground and being part of the problem.

If you'd already paid for a minor operation on private healthcare and your doctor told you the test results came back fine and it was no longer necessary, would you still get the local anaesthetic and let them cut you just because the money's left your account?

Walk away, man.

I go with my daughter and don't go to the pub beforehand.

As the song goes "I'll support them evermore" as long as I have the cash to do so and will not take part in boycotting games.

I've had a pop at the editors of The Mag and TF on Twitter about the disconnect between their consistent anti-Ashley message, but their reluctance to promote any action beyond small-time protests.  They argue they provide a platform for all fans and will not promote an agenda that many fans don't agree with.  Which is fair enough.  But it's ultimately down to them (and NUFC.com) though. 

If all 3 agreed to place a banner ad at the top of their front pages promoting action then most of the fanbase would soon be on board, whether from seeing it themselves or hearing about it from web-aware fans.

I don't think any fan should be telling any other not to go to games, but a widespread boycott of any official merchandise being bought (or worn if it's post 2007), a boycott of club bars and club shops, a boycott of programs and half time snacks, a boycott of stadium tours, of reserve and of youth games should be the bare minimum any self-respecting fan is currently on board with.

There should also be a boycott of Sports Direct and a boycott of Wonga or any other club sponsors, even amongst non-fans, using either should be as reviled as reading the Sun in Liverpool, any fan ensuring their wider family avoid them. 

Like Man United, Ashley will probably prefer the hardcore fans to be replaced by families/happy clappers who spend in the bars/shop as well as on tickets anyway.

Neither are they anymore in the same numbers if Saturday was anything to go by, there were loads of empty seats in their end and there usually never are.

Aye noticed that, that not down to NP though? I know they've had reduced allocations before.

Aye noticed that, that not down to NP though? I know they've had reduced allocations before.

No, they had the full allocation of 3600 that Arsenal and Liverpool get and had people in all of the sections, just a lot of gaps about.

No, they had the full allocation of 3600 that Arsenal and Liverpool get and had people in all of the sections, just a lot of gaps about.

Aye I saw, first time I think I can ever remember it not being packed. Them, Liverpool and the mackems for always a given for full away end.

If we can't collectively agree the above to start with, then widespread abandonment of matches has absolutely no hope.

I totally agree but I also think it's completely unrealistic. His Newcastle store is so successful that he's been able to move to a bigger store in a far better location. The place is always fucking packed which really shows us up as a city and a fanbase.

If we can't collectively agree the above to start with, then widespread abandonment of matches has absolutely no hope.

I totally agree but I also think it's completely unrealistic. His Newcastle store is so successful that he's been able to move to a bigger store in a far better location. The place is always fucking packed which really shows us up as a city and a fanbase.

Problem is though, where else can you buy a lot of the stuff he sells?? Equipment wise I mean, as he stocks practically everything imaginable for all sports.

The likes of First Sport and JD Sports sell better quality clothing and trainers but little bits of equipment like mouth guard's, shin pads, golf clubs etc there is no one else bar Sports Direct that sell them (or sell at a reasonable enough price for people with kids needing sports equipment for school).