Stoke City 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/04/14 - Post-match reaction from page 30

Dave

Nothing will top what he did against Reading at home last season like. He does bathshit things on a weekly basis, but it takes some imagination to be that fucking terrible.

35 mins: Cabaye scores

65 mins: Marveaux<Perch

70 mins: Guthrie<Le Fondre

71 mins: Le Fondre scores

74 mins: Cabaye<Bigirimana

77 mins: Le Fondre scores

80 mins: Anita<Obertan

Honestly man. :lol: It'll only actually be funny once he's gone, but right now it's something that he's always liable to do. I'm convinced that I'd do a better job than him.

TBF that Reading team will go down in the annals of time as one of the best ever to grace St James' Park. With particularly reference to their oligarch owner.

Guest Walter

Thought this was a bizarre line in .com's report:

Ben Arfa almost instantly suffered a dead leg and looked intent on departing before a touchline conflab resulted in his magically recovering - the lack of any Newcastle substitutes warming up from that point significant.

Probably because we'd already used all three.

Shows how clueless they are now?

They've changed the report now

http://www.nufc.com/2013-14html/2014-04-12stoke-a.html

What was the game where he just started shifting full backs around?  Seem to remember our RB coming off, Santon moving over and Bigi(?) coming on at LB.  Just the most baffling and pointless set of subs i've ever seen in a game.

The Reading subs were topped only by the "no more goals" Arsenal game. One of our best performances of the season (not that it was anything particularly special), matching them at 3-3. Then he made a couple of subs and we conceded four in about quarter if an hour. Seem to specifically remember him moving Cisse to offer Danny Simpson protection on the right (from where we conceded at least two).

One of the fiascos that, beyond argument, was entirely his fault.

Haven't seen any of this like barring Pieters goal and I'm assuming it went exactly as expected.

With the white flag raised at 2:07pm the only surprise was that it wasn't easier for Stoke.

Haven't seen any of this like barring Pieters goal and I'm assuming it went exactly as expected.

With the white flag raised at 2:07pm the only surprise was that it wasn't easier for Stoke.

Yup excellent assessment

The fact they still beat us with relative ease says much about the state of us at present.

Aye we were tragic. Colo was right when he said the performance matched Southampton/Man Utd even if the scoreline didn't.

I was disappointed at how bad Stoke were. In the run up to the game i heard Hughes had them playing good football, was at least expecting that. They were shite as well, absolute borefest the whole game.

Tbf they created roughly half as many chances as Southampton did, which means they should have won 5-0 if they had a decent striker.

Guest bimpy474

The fact they still beat us with relative ease says much about the state of us at present.

Aye we were tragic. Colo was right when he said the performance matched Southampton/Man Utd even if the scoreline didn't.

And yet Pardew said we controlled the game, amazing he's still trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes.

We have a habit of participating in sinfully boring games, probably just a coincidence though.

Last season had some of the worst matches I've ever seen us in. At least now we get battered so badly it's at least mildly exciting watching the other team.

And yet Pardew said we controlled the game, amazing he's still trying to the wool over peoples eyes.

Well i thought we had the majority of possession then my mate thought Stoke did. Either way, both sides were shite just second half Stoke knew they could just do anything they wanted and still win. They opted to sit back and coast the ride of us trying to conjure up some sort of attacking threat, we were hardly controlling the tempo, more gifted it.

Guest bimpy474

And yet Pardew said we controlled the game, amazing he's still trying to the wool over peoples eyes.

Well i thought we had the majority of possession then my mate thought Stoke did. Either way, both sides were shite just second half Stoke knew they could just do anything they wanted and still win. They opted to sit back and coast the ride of us trying to conjure up some sort of attacking threat, we were hardly controlling the tempo, more gifted it.

That's it though, exactly as Stewart Robson said, Pardew tells you something that simply isn't true. He's finally been rumbled here, the 5th place has given him longer and is still fooling people to just how inept and useless he actually is.

Guest Walter

Possession: S48.9 N51.1

Corners: S4 N5

Shots: S10 N13

On Target: S3 N1

Guest bimpy474

Possession: S48.9 N51.1

Corners: S4 N5

Shots: S10 N13

On Target: S3 N1

Positively bossed it. Fuck knows what Pardew sees.

Close on the stats but it looked all so comfortable for Stoke in the second half. They obviously fluked a goal although i'm still convinced it was shambolic keeping by Krul. We had what seemed the most blatant pen turned down then pretty much 10 men for last 20 mins or so but we could have played another 90 minutes and still not scored, got the the zero points we most rightly deserved.

Swansea have yet to win away from home under Monk, he’ll be rubbing his hands together all the way from Wales to Newcastle in anticipation for his first 3 away points.

Guest Walter

Close on the stats but it looked all so comfortable for Stoke in the second half. They obviously fluked a goal although i'm still convinced it was shambolic keeping by Krul. We had what seemed the most blatant pen turned down then pretty much 10 men for last 20 mins or so but we could have played another 90 minutes and still not scored, got the the zero points we most rightly deserved.

Did Stoke hit the bar as well?

Guest bimpy474

Did Stoke hit the bar as well?

Post wasn't it, Crouch header.