Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've seen enough of him to think he's a very capable back up squad player, but shouldn't be our "purple" central midfielder. Good signing for free, just a shame that he's probably now seen as an automatic starter in CM, and given our next manager is likely to have other priorities to deal with with limited resources (CB, AM, CF), we're probably stuck with him for a while.

I'd start him over Anita and Tiote as things stand.

No we should play a midfield of de Jong, sissoko and Abeid and colback should warm the bench

Who are you dropping deeper there, de Jong or Sissoko? Sissoko looks ineffective deeper and de Jong is a forward.

I've seen enough of him to think he's a very capable back up squad player, but shouldn't be our "purple" central midfielder. Good signing for free, just a shame that he's probably now seen as an automatic starter in CM, and given our next manager is likely to have other priorities to deal with with limited resources (CB, AM, CF), we're probably stuck with him for a while.

I'd start him over Anita and Tiote as things stand.

Going forward, I'd like to see Colback as squad rotation, but right now he's performing just fine.

You have De Jong as the attacking one finding space and dropping into little pockets, playing one twos etc. Sissoko still drives forward with the ball and Abeid sits deep.

Not sure why that means Sissoko has to be deep because you're playing De Jong.

No we should play a midfield of de Jong, sissoko and Abeid and colback should warm the bench

Who are you dropping deeper there, de Jong or Sissoko? Sissoko looks ineffective deeper and de Jong is a forward.

Moussa obviously.

De Jong isn't a central midfielder and moussa will be allowed licence to roam forward as colback is now.

And cmon Ste we both know he played almost 200 games for Toulouse in Central midfield.

You have De Jong as the attacking one finding space and dropping into little pockets, playing one twos etc. Sissoko still drives forward with the ball and Abeid sits deep.

:thup:

Need to see more of Abeid to judge whether he can play that deep role with Sissoko likely to bomb forward plenty and de Jong supporting a striker. For now, I'd pair Abeid with Colback and allow Sissoko that free role to damage the opposition. I'd slowly reintroduce de Jong and by then we'll have an idea of Abeids capability to play that pivotal role.

He's probably 5th in the list of adjustments that need to be made to the current starting 11.

-No Tiote

-No Williamson

-No Gouffran anywhere apart from sub striker

-Dummet CB and not LB

-Colback to be used only in a midfield 3, and when Tiote isn't on the pitch.

I'll start complaining about him when they've solved the first 3 or 4 points, and we look a better team.

Too much Pardew to the brain.

He's probably 5th in the list of adjustments that need to be made to the current starting 11.

-No Tiote

-No Williamson

-No Gouffran anywhere apart from sub striker

-Dummet CB and not LB

-Colback to be used only in a midfield 3, and when Tiote isn't on the pitch.

I'll start complaining about him when they've solved the first 3 or 4 points, and we look a better team.

Agree. :thup:

It's because folk are so entrenched into believing we've got to play at least 2 in the middle to protect the other 4 defenders and the keeper, regardless of the opposition, that it's become the natural default opinion? The negativity and cowardice is now widespread and playing a 4-2-3-1 basically means 4-5-1. One up front and the rest tucking in and holding 'the shape'. It's fucking bollocks.