Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Get a load of this guy!

Definitely related to Colback and Alnwick

Not at all. Not related, not even ginger. But I do want to see a Geordie lad do well for my club, and he's the best prospect we've got, at the moment, of doing that.

I just think that Colback is a Premiership quality midfielder, who we got for nothing, and I think that's a good deal.

I'm prepared to back my opinion over any other on here.

He replaced Cabaye who we sold for 20 million. By all accounts it was a shit deal.

He's exactly bang average at his absolute best and spends most of his time trying to get the ball back by chasing it around like a cocker spaniel.

In your own tiny mind is Colback a replacement for Cabaye.

Average Premiership quality for nowt, I'll settle for that thanks. Oh, and he's a Geordie.

In my own mind? :lol: Didn't realise that I'd been imagining him starting in Cabaye's position all season.

Why do you care if he was free? What difference does that make to you? :lol:

As for the Geordie bit, I went to school with the lad, he was at the Sunderland academy. Killingworth is entirely Newcastle fans, he wasn't 'a Geordie' when he was shushing the crowed and giving the '3-0' signs when he was at the mackems, was he? He can get fucked trying to play up the local lad bullshit. I like local players coming through but if they're no good, I couldn't give a shit. Carroll's the only decent local lad we've had in years anyway.

So, you think Colback isn't good enough for NUFC?

Guest firetotheworks

Get a load of this guy!

Not at all. Not related, not even ginger. But I do want to see a Geordie lad do well for my club, and he's the best prospect we've got, at the moment, of doing that.

I just think that Colback is a Premiership quality midfielder, who we got for nothing, and I think that's a good deal.

He replaced Cabaye who we sold for 20 million. By all accounts it was a shit deal.

He's exactly bang average at his absolute best and spends most of his time trying to get the ball back by chasing it around like a cocker spaniel.

Average Premiership quality for nowt, I'll settle for that thanks. Oh, and he's a Geordie.

In my own mind? :lol: Didn't realise that I'd been imagining him starting in Cabaye's position all season.

As for the Geordie bit, I went to school with the lad, he was at the Sunderland academy. Killingworth is entirely Newcastle fans, he wasn't 'a Geordie' when he was shushing the crowed and giving the '3-0' signs when he was at the mackems, was he? He can get fucked trying to play up the local lad bullshit. I like local players coming through but if they're no good, I couldn't give a shit. Carroll's the only decent local lad we've had in years anyway.

Absolutely, yes. He's a nothing player and my opinion on that isn't going to change unless he does.

Guest firetotheworks

If your aspirations are mid-table mediocrity, and it's important to have Geordies. I think he's perfect.

He's been the starting midfielder for a team constantly battling relegation and it's totally ignored as well.

Aye, because you're never wrong. He was Cabaye's replacement, he's been playing IN Cabaye's position WITH Tiote, Cabella is quite obviously supposed to be Ben Arfa's replacement and De Jong is much more a forward.

I said along with others when De Jong came in that he was Cabaye's replacement, fair enough he's not a direct replacement playing in the same position but he was and is Cabaye's replacement. The formation was meant to change slightly, everything has turned out differently because of injuries, poor performances, and piss poor management. In the long run we'll see that De Jong is Cabaye's replacement, give it chance for him to comeback from injury, yeah?

Like I've said, hate the lad for playing for Sunderland, hate him for scoring against us, hate him for the gestures he made, but don't put a tag (Cabaye's replacement) on him yourself and hate him for that.

Get a load of this guy!

Absolutely, yes. He's a nothing player and my opinion on that isn't going to change unless he does.

"A nothing player", what does that actually mean?

Don't you think he deserves to start in our current line up, and if not, who would you start instead?

Get a load of this guy!

The same local lad Carroll who demanded a new contract off the club after just been given a bumper new deal making him one of the highest earners at the club before running to Liverpool as soon as he realised the club weren't going to give in to his demands?

The same Carroll who's done fuck all since he left us forcing Liverpool to send him out on loan for a season and then take over a 50% loss on him?

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, because you're never wrong. He was Cabaye's replacement, he's been playing IN Cabaye's position WITH Tiote, Cabella is quite obviously supposed to be Ben Arfa's replacement and De Jong is much more a forward.

I said along with others when De Jong came in that he was Cabaye's replacement, fair enough he's not a direct replacement playing in the same position but he was and is Cabaye's replacement. The formation was meant to change slightly, everything has turned out differently because of injuries, poor performances, and piss poor management. In the long run we'll see that De Jong is Cabaye's replacement, give it chance for him to comeback from injury, yeah?

Like I've said, hate the lad for playing for Sunderland, hate him for scoring against us, hate him for the gestures he made, but don't put a tag (Cabaye's replacement) on him yourself and hate him for that.

'Hate'? I just think he's shit and hate him as a player.

Whatever anyway, there's zero point talking to you. You'd think that someone that's so spectacularly wrong on so many occasions would learn at some point, but nah, full steam ahead Stifler, fearlessly bounding into assertions that you're right, arrogance beyond measure and yet once again completely incorrect.

Guest firetotheworks

Get a load of this guy!

The same local lad Carroll who demanded a new contract off the club after just been given a bumper new deal making him one of the highest earners at the club before running to Liverpool as soon as he realised the club weren't going to give in to his demands?

The same Carroll who's done fuck all since he left us forcing Liverpool to send him out on loan for a season and then take over a 50% loss on him?

Yeah, that's him. Well remembered, have a biscuit.

Get a load of this guy!

He replaced Cabaye who we sold for 20 million. By all accounts it was a s*** deal.

As for the Geordie bit, I went to school with the lad, he was at the Sunderland academy. Killingworth is entirely Newcastle fans, he wasn't 'a Geordie' when he was shushing the crowed and giving the '3-0' signs when he was at the mackems, was he? He can get f***ed trying to play up the local lad bullshit. I like local players coming through but if they're no good, I couldn't give a s***. Carroll's the only decent local lad we've had in years anyway.

The same Carroll who's done f*** all since he left us forcing Liverpool to send him out on loan for a season and then take over a 50% loss on him?

Yeah, that's him. Well remembered, have a biscuit.

:lol: It's quite obvious to anyone that Carroll is the best local lad to come through our academy in years. Not quite sure how anybody could dispute that.

Don't you think he deserves to start in our current line up, and if not, who would you start instead?

A central midfield player who somehow managed to turn invisible over 45 minutes of football.

I don't think he's a bad player, but Guthrie had more guts by comparison. As for who I'd rather have there, any of Cabella, Vuckic, and Bigirimana when someone rescues him from Pardew's basement.

Guest firetotheworks

Get a load of this guy!

It just means that he doesn't have any real strengths. He's grabbed a couple of goals, but generally he does nothing but play simple, aimless passes in midfield or runs around like a blue arse fly trying to win the ball back without any real regard for positional sense. Across the board he doesn't do anything particularly well basically, hence he's a nothing player.

In the right system I'd have Abeid, Anita and Bigirimana all ahead of him.

A central midfield player who somehow managed to turn invisible over 45 minutes of football.

I don't think he's a bad player, but Guthrie had more guts by comparison. As for who I'd rather have there, any of Cabella, Vuckic, and Bigirimana when someone rescues him from Pardew's basement.

Thank fuck you're not trying to fill Pardew's boots then.

Thank fuck you're not trying to fill Pardew's boots then.

Yes, I'm Steve Stone in disguise :lol: Which (other) amazing feat did he perform, that I completely missed in the second half? Like leaving Tiote isolated and having to pick up the ball from the defenders all by himself?

Oops, somehow forgot about Anita.

'Hate'? I just think he's shit and hate him as a player.

Whatever anyway, there's zero point talking to you. You'd think that someone that's so spectacularly wrong on so many occasions would learn at some point, but nah, full steam ahead Stifler, fearlessly bounding into assertions that you're right, arrogance beyond measure and yet once again completely incorrect.

I think you have me wrong. I agree to disagree, I've always maintained that others are the replacement for Cabaye and circumstances haven't been able to prove that. If you or others think differently then so be it, I'll agree to disagree and time will tell. At the moment neither side can claim to be correct.

As for the hate bit, that wasn't aimed at you, just said in general. My point is that people have made up their minds about Colback mainly for the reasons I mentioned and they are the reasons mostly commented on here. As it happens I have more respect for your comments for saying you hate him as a player because in your view he isn't good enough, which is a fair enough view, than I do for those who use the other reasons to beat him with.

To me Anita just doesn't have the physicality to be able to play in the same role as Tiote or Colback, though I'd certainly say he was the better passer. Abeid and Bigiramana are both great prospects who should have been given more of a chance in the past.

This just highlights the question to how Tiote is getting a game ahead of all them though? Sure he can have a great game but the problem with him is he's either on form doing great, which is hardly ever, or he's running about like a bull in a china shop and is always on the verge of getting sent off and playing us into danger. Tiote is an extremely limited footballer and it's time his position in the squad was given to someone else.

Guest firetotheworks

I think the other reasons are fair game tbh. No one cared that Paul Bracewell or any other ex-Sunderland players had played for Sunderland. I think most people couldn't care less, but a lad from Killingworth and a Newcastle fan goading Newcastle fans as a Sunderland player is a bit different than just having played for Sunderland. As it happens he's also a limited player meaning that it's harder to overlook.

Players like Barton, Ba, Remy, HBA have done off the field stuff to do with money, comments and even eating at Chicken Cottage yet Colback gets a free pass from blatantly and directly taking the piss out of us? I'm not having it.

Players like Barton, Ba, Remy, HBA have done off the field stuff to do with money, comments and even eating at Chicken Cottage yet Colback gets a free pass from blatantly and directly taking the piss out of us? I'm not having it.

On the other hand though other players have done arguably worse and got away with it. No one really gave that much of a shit a month or so back when Tiote was drink driving and posting a video about it, no one gave that much of a shit when Colo was cheating on his lass, in fact people were begging that he'll stay. The fact is players like us are human and make mistakes. Myself I've tried to give an insight as to why Colback may have made those gestures and I've took stick for it. I wasn't defending him just giving an explanation.

Colback can only do his talking on the pitch and so far this season I think theirs players playing for us who's performances are more concerning.

To me Anita just doesn't have the physicality to be able to play in the same role as Tiote or Colback, though I'd certainly say he was the better passer. Abeid and Bigiramana are both great prospects who should have been given more of a chance in the past.

This just highlights the question to how Tiote is getting a game ahead of all them though? Sure he can have a great game but the problem with him is he's either on form doing great, which is hardly ever, or he's running about like a bull in a china shop and is always on the verge of getting sent off and playing us into danger. Tiote is an extremely limited footballer and it's time his position in the squad was given to someone else.

If Colback genuinely applied himself for the full 90, he's probably a great deal better suited to premiership football than Anita, in a 2-man midfield. At the moment though, I'd rather have someone who asserts their presence one way or another.

As for Tiote, despite his shortcomings, our midfield would be thoroughly bypassed if he wasn't there. Abeid's the only player we have who might be able to fill in the role he plays.

Guest firetotheworks

On the other hand though other players have done arguably worse and got away with it. No one really gave that much of a shit a month or so back when Tiote was drink driving and posting a video about it, no one gave that much of a shit when Colo was cheating on his lass, in fact people were begging that he'll stay. The fact is players like us are human and make mistakes. Myself I've tried to give an insight as to why Colback may have made those gestures and I've took stick for it. I wasn't defending him just giving an explanation.

Colback can only do his talking on the pitch and so far this season I think theirs players playing for us who's performances are more concerning.

The things he did were directly aimed at Newcastle and Newcastle fans, that's the difference between him and the Tiote, Colo stuff. I could perhaps overlook it if he was a decent player, but pride wins out every time, because he isn't.

If Colback genuinely applied himself for the full 90, he's probably a great deal better suited to premiership football than Anita, in a 2-man midfield. At the moment though, I'd rather have someone who asserts their presence one way or another.

As for Tiote, despite his shortcomings, our midfield would be thoroughly bypassed if he wasn't there. Abeid's the only player we have who might be able to fill in the role he plays.

Point 1, the same can be said for every member of our squad, one of the big problem we had whilst Pardew was a manager.

Point 2, today Tiote wasn't there and every touch he had hindered us, thats not even an exaggeration. In the first half we were able to carry him, in the 2nd we couldn't. His problem is that he has too many games like today.

The hostility about Colback still baffles me. Either people made their minds up very early about his ability and are reluctant to adjust, or this resentment about his celebration for the Mackems still lingers on. As they say in Frozen, Let it go.