Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are you happy with the fact he's a mainstay in the site, Cronky? You always seem fairly contrary to popular opinion on here, but where do you actually see the club? What do you want to see from the club, and do you think it's anywhere close to achieving whatever that ambition is?

Mark Douglas running an article on him at the minute with one of those daft vote things the Chronicle do.

86% saying his signing has been a success.

Don't see it at all tbqh. He's totally ineffective.

That stat doesn't surprise me at all. I know that on any forum a certain momentum can build around particular opinions, but I'm baffled as to exactly why there's such a gap between the view on here and how Colback is assessed by the majority of supporters and by the professionals at the club.

I don't want to get into a pointless 'he's decent - no, he's not he's shite' type debate. I would agree though with tgarve that our main problems are elsewhere - particularly the defence.

He's nowhere near good enough for a starting spot in the middle of any top sides midfield imho. There's not a club above us where he'd get a regular game.

Mark Douglas running an article on him at the minute with one of those daft vote things the Chronicle do.

That stat doesn't surprise me at all. I know that on any forum a certain momentum can build around particular opinions, but I'm baffled as to exactly why there's such a gap between the view on here and how Colback is assessed by the majority of supporters and by the professionals at the club.

I don't want to get into a pointless 'he's decent - no, he's not he's s****' type debate. I would agree though with tgarve that our main problems are elsewhere - particularly the defence.

He's nowhere near good enough for a starting spot in the middle of any top sides midfield imho. There's not a club above us where he'd get a regular game.

There's not a will from our club to be  better than we are though. He's not one of the players we'll be looking to sell, you're right. We'll be looking to flip Sissoko, Perez etc. Our transfer policy seems to be try and sign players we should look to move on for a profit. This will be a revolving door. The main stays will be bang average / relegation battle level PL players.. preferably English/Geordie.. to fill in the rest.

I don't want to get into a pointless 'he's decent - no, he's not he's s****' type debate. I would agree though with tgarve that our main problems are elsewhere - particularly the defence.

There's not a will from our club to be  better than we are though. He's not one of the players we'll be looking to sell, you're right. We'll be looking to flip Sissoko, Perez etc. Our transfer policy seems to be try and sign players we should look to move on for a profit. This will be a revolving door. The main stays will be bang average / relegation battle level PL players.. preferably English/Geordie.. to fill in the rest.

Urgh. Leading, once again, to the question of 'whats the fucking point'?

I don't want to get into a pointless 'he's decent - no, he's not he's shite' type debate. I would agree though with tgarve that our main problems are elsewhere - particularly the defence.

What I can say is that, given our other options in midfield, I'm not surprised that he's an automatic choice. This is why I find the targeting of him quite exasperating.

Of course, if you prefer to compare him to other players at other clubs, or some other player who we 'should' be going for, then you'll find better options.

What I can say is that, given our other options in midfield, I'm not surprised that he's an automatic choice. This is why I find the targeting of him quite exasperating.

Of course, if you prefer to compare him to other players at other clubs, or some other player who we 'should' be going for, then you'll find better options.

He's the same as a lot of the current Sunderland side, unathletic and slow. There's a reason the game bypasses him most of the time.

You don't even have to look that far to compare him. He replaced Yohan Cabaye in our side.

That's not even talking about who we should be going for. That's who we had.

Fundamental downgrade.

Care to name these "profrssionals"?