Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I dont understand the love in with Colback, yeah he is decent but that's all. Solid on the ball works hard and gets stuck in. hallmarks of an average backup type player, yet the likes of Robbie Elliot are saying hes one of 3 players with Perez and Sissoko we would do well to hang on to  :laugh2:

Exactly, he's not even as good as the likes of Acuna or Bowyer. Shows the embarrassing position of both clubs that he's been the main event at both derbies this season. More embarrassing for us that we've been dragged down to their level over the last 10 years.

He's terrible imho, goes missing far to much, doesn't create anything and generally a bit shit defensively. Doesn't lose ball much but only because he doesn't take chances.

Shouldn't be starting for a team fighting for 10th

Keep playing him as a left back if he is going to play anywhere. It was his best positon in Sunderland.

Should also be added that he constantly leaves his position to chase balls he can't win in midfield and leaves gaps behind him as a result.

Tioté is pretty much the same when we are defending. Only he runs after new wives, pink champagne bottles and mistresses on the pitch too.

Guest Incandenza

Today shows how much Colback contributes in the middle of the pitch. Without him we were overran and outfought.

Guest Gomez

I like Colback as a central midfielder, knows how to keep possesion and pass... more or less...fucking stupid having him at  left back. Someone, tell me how Gouffran is better than him or Anita in the centre.

I like Colback as a central midfielder, knows how to keep possesion and pass... more or less...fucking stupid having him at  left back. Someone, tell me how Gouffran is better than him or Anita in the centre.

Colback was only at LB because he's the only in the squad who has played in that position before. Had Colo never got his ban then Taylor would have been there but he had to cover at RB so Janmaat could move to CB.

I agree Gouffran should never have been played in the centre or at all today but Colback being there wasn't really an option.