Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

He's relegation struggler material who offers nothing much of anything.

Might as well of kept Gosling tbh

Personally i think he's ten times better than Gosling, actually might turn out to be ok, but signing a player in a position we don't desperately need is mental.

Personally i think he's ten times better than Gosling, actually might turn out to be ok, but signing a player in a position we don't desperately need is mental.

He reminds me of a Gosling type as he does excel in any area.

I was being flippant about keeping Gosling but Colback has quality about him and if West Ham are offering 50k a week we are clearly paying over the odds too

Guest bimpy474

I was being flippant about keeping Gosling but Colback has quality about him and if West Ham are offering 50k a week we are clearly paying over the odds too

The wages thing isn't that much of an issue for me, bang average players on that kind of mental money, it's the way it is now. I don't like it but it's the reality, not that i think he'll be on as much as that.

We wouldn't pay him 50k pw. He'd signed a pre-contract so couldn't go anywhere for whatever amount.

The wages thing isn't that much of an issue for me, bang average players on that kind of mental money, it's the way it is now. I don't lik it but it's the reality, not that i think he'll be on as much as that.

You'd think around 40k a week if West Hams offer is true.

Gauling considering how he mocked us.

Rather see Bigi or Abeid given a chance over buying in such a rank average player.

Guest bimpy474

The wages thing isn't that much of an issue for me, bang average players on that kind of mental money, it's the way it is now. I don't lik it but it's the reality, not that i think he'll be on as much as that.

You'd think around 40k a week if West Hams offer is true.

Gauling considering how he mocked us.

Rather see Bigi or Abeid given a chance over buying in such a rank average player.

The Abeid thing, if as Pardew has indicated he will give Abeid a chance in pre season, i think he lying again. I don't think he is going to, he's already made his mind up about Abeid and i 100% certain it'll be a not working hard enough thing. His treatment of Bigi has been disgusting. They both have no future as he sees Colback as HIS signing.

Hmmm ... Jack Colback.

Honestly, the number of times I watched Sunderland, I definitely remember being surprised by some of the things he did. He's alright, but under Pardew might well become one of the worst players in the world, so ultimately, what is the point?

Or not, because part of me hopes we start the season with a really poor squad and it leaves Pardew's position totally untenable

I'm leaning this way too. It feels similar to when I wanted Kinnear to replace Pardew not all that long ago. Definite short term loss for potential long term gain etc.

Or not, because part of me hopes we start the season with a really poor squad and it leaves Pardew's position totally untenable

I'm leaning this way too. It feels similar to when I wanted Kinnear to replace Pardew not all that long ago. Definite short term loss for potential long term gain etc.

Yep. Exactly.

Good signing imo, providing of course he's nothing more than a squad player...

He'd get plenty of game time considering our lacking of options in central midfield and out wide (defensive wide player, hooray!). Having a potential Pardew supporter in the dressing room is probably an added bonus to the king.